Old foes

"G-Go Sakura, please you must. Get the hell out of here he will kill you all,"

Blood dripped down Amaya's face and she stood still, not taking her eyes of there enemy for even a second.

"No I won't leave you!" Sakura yelled.

"Please spare me the heroics, there's nothing you can do for me. What you can do though is save our other two teammates. So go!"

Sakura, despite looking as though she was gonna cry, grabbed both Sasuke and Naruto taking off into the forest.

Letting out a relieved sigh and a small smirk, Amaya looked at her Opponent.

And in a raspy but low voice she spoke,

"I guess that just leaves you and me huh.... Orochimaru,"

"Yes, yes it does,"

—————————————————

The four young teens sat in the grass, eyeing one another with uncertainty. The bugs chirped and buzzed along with the birds and despite the Konoha heat the Genin were shaded by the thick canopy provided by the forest.

"That proves we can't just trust appearances, we need a way to prove that each of us is who we say we are," The Uchiha planed.

All three nodded in agreement as Sakura asked.

"Alright so what do we do,"

—————————————————

"The question will be, when does a ninja strike. And the response will be, a ninja waits till the time is right, when an enemy sleeps and drops his guard, when his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of night, that is when a ninja strikes,"

"Got it?"

"Yeah I got it," Sakura hum with determination flashing through her green eyes.

Though the other two look at each other with deflated looks.

The silver haired girl groaned falling and lying on her back while Naruto sheepishly asked.

"Do you have one that's shorter," a small bead of sweat dripping down his forehead.

"Aw c'mon Naruto it's not that hard,"

"She's right, I mean really Amaya I thought you were better then that," Sasuke chided at the girl.

Amaya laid on her back staring at the blue sky through the holes in the thick canopy above them. Catching glimpses of clouds and birds flying freely, silently wishing she were anywhere but here. In her opinion taking this dumb test and having to memorize this dumb code wor- paragraph was all a big pain.

"This is such a drag," she hums staring at the sky.

This comment earned her a swift smack upside the head, compliments of sakura.

"Shut it Amaya! You starting to sound like Shikamaru," she scolded.

Letting out a deep huff she sat up lazily resting her elbow on her propped up knee.

"Your such a peach Sakura, has anyone ever told you that," she smirks.

Sakura rolls her eyes not in the mood to deal with her sarcastic teammate.

"Alright everyone focus, do you understand the code words or not Naruto, Amaya," Sasuke said sternly pulling them al back to the issue at hand.

"Yeah yeah, when does a ninja strike, bla bla bla, I get it," Amaya hums standing and patting off her clothes.