Stain

All of Izuku's classmates were getting scouted for internships. He, of course, got no offers. He was disappointed, but not really surprised. Todoroki was avoiding him.

In class, they picked their hero names.

He picked Deku.

~

Izuku surprising got one offer for an internship. It was from a hero he'd never heard of before; Gran Torino. But apparently, he was good enough to scare All Might, so that must mean something.

Izuku walked to lunch with a little smile on his face. He was excited for the internships, but the weight of what happened at the sports festival still weighed him down. What could he have done differently? What more could he do? What bothered him the most was Todoroki avoiding him. Was it because of intervening in his personal life? Or did Todoroki see something... not human? Maybe, he was scared of him now?

He shook the thoughts away and stopped walking. He smelled someone waiting for him around the corner. Izuku gulped and continued walking, wary of the person there.

As he rounded the corner, there waiting for him, was Todoroki.

Izuku jumped a little at the sight of him. Todoroki was glaring at him.

"Um, Hi?"

Todoroki just glared.

"Did... did you want something?" Izuku asked.

Todoroki was silent for a moment, then he spoke, "Your quirk is interesting to me."

"Oh, um, okay." Izuku started to sweat. This didn't look like it was going to go well

"Your quirk is like All Might's, that I know, but there is something else to it."

"I-"

Before Izuku could say anything, Todoroki raised his left hand, a small flame produced from it.

All Izuku could do was stare at the flames.

The flame disappeared.

"Your eyes, they're yellow."

Izuku blinked a couple of times, to process what he was hearing.

"They turned yellow at the USJ too, and when I was fighting you in the sports festival. And it's not just that. Your whole demeanor changed."

Izuku couldn't speak, he couldn't think of anything to say.

"I'm not going to force you to talk but, when I look into your eyes... the yellow ones... I suddenly feel fear, and I don't know why. I know there's something going on. I'm curious about you." Todoroki turned and walked away.

Izuku felt like he couldn't breathe.

~

Izuku was excited to start the internships to get away from his classmates. He was afraid of slipping up around them, and he was even more paranoid after his encounter with Todoroki. What if he told everyone else what he'd seen? He pushed the thought out of his head.

Iida was acting weirdly. After Izuku heard about Iida's brother getting hurt, he tried to comfort his friend. Iida pretended like everything was fine, but Izuku could tell he was putting on a façade. Izuku could smell a hatred coming from him... it honestly scared him. He told himself to keep contact with him and check up on him.

Gran Torino... was something. He scared the crap out of Izuku when he first walked into the house, pretending he was dead. Izuku quickly realized he couldn't smell any blood in the room... or the scent of death. Gran Torino suddenly popped up, "I'm alive!"