DEDICATION

IN LOVING MEMORY OF CAMERON BOYCE 

( May 28, 1999 - July 6, 2019 ) 

For those of you that may not know, I've been a fan of Cameron's since I was young. He was one of my first celebrity crushes and a huge part of my childhood. I looked out for different projects he was taking on, which is one of the reasons I still watched Disney Channel. But since I knew that Cameron had gotten older, I waited to hear the news  of him leaving Disney Channel and taking the next step in his career. 

The news of Cameron's passing was the last thing any of us ever expected to hear. To say that I was shocked would be putting it lightly, I was devastated. It is already upsetting to read about the death of any beloved person in the media, whether they be an athlete, actor, or general entertainer. But Cameron was so young, his age being close to my own, and passed due to circumstances out of anyone's control, so his death also brought a conscious awareness more so than anything else. 

I decided to write this series because of how much I loved Cameron. And when I first heard the news, I was initially not planning on writing this very book. I was just going to stop writing this series, move on to the next one, and never look back. Just thinking about writing this very book hurts and it's part of the reason why it took me so long to come out with this story. 

However, I decided to continue with this story because I wanted to keep Cameron's memory alive. For this reason, I am dedicating this entire Hellfire series to Cameron and all of the characters he's ever played. This series started because of my love for Cameron and his portrayal of Carlos de Vil. This book may be some silly work of fiction, but I want to keep that love alive and see it through to the very end. 

Cameron Boyce was a talented actor with a generous heart and dazzling smile. Not much older than me, he left his mark on the world with his career, the charity work he did, and love he had for others. He was such an incredible person with so much more to give, which is why it was so hard to see him go. My heart is with his friends, family, and anybody that ever loved him. 

Cameron, I love you and miss you. And may his memory be a blessing for all of us.

With love,
Thalia x