Hey Mum

"So, what did you have to help your mum with last night?" Jennie looks at me through the rearview mirror of her car, her gentle monster limited edition sunglasses slipping down her nose just enough for her to directly lock eyes with me. These sunglasses were like the pride of Jennie's damn life, I remember when she first bought them, she sent photo's constantly to Jisoo and me every single time she was wearing them.

Or she would pull one of those 'Look at my new shirt!' in the caption, but the sunglasses would be in the very centre of the photo and impossible to miss.

"Huh?" I clipped my seatbelt into the lock and brushed my hair out of my face, looking up at her question in confusion. "Help my mum?"

"Last night when I fell asleep while you were at my house, you sent me a text saying you had to leave and help your mum. What did she need you for?" Jennie's eyes on me through the reflection of the mirror make the events of last night roll through my head. How could I have forgotten that I was at Jennie's house last night? Especially after what had happened and how she had cried about Jisoo. With everything else going on right now I needed to get my lies sorted.

"Oh, she needed me to help her with the computer, she couldn't figure out this one bit and she needed to have her work sent through by this morning". The lie rolls so easily off of my tongue that it scares me a little. I have never been able to lie to Jennie and Jisoo before, and having to lie so often lately was making me feel worse and worse. But, it had to be done. I couldn't tell them about my relationship with our English teacher. Rosie was risking so much for me, I had to do this for her. "Also, what the heck, why did you make me sit in the back seat?"

Immediately Jennie's cheeks display a hint of pink and she smiles shyly. "Because, I am wearing a really cute outfit, my hair looks really good, and I did my makeup so well this morning."

"And?" I drag out the word teasingly.

"And I want Jisoo to sit in the front so she can see it".

Her answer was so confident, yet, after she said it she looked down at her lap and held back a smile. If these two don't just do something about their feelings soon... I will riot.

Watching Jisoo walk to the car from her front door is always one of the highlights of my day. She's always either making a face at us or showing off whatever she's eating for breakfast. And today was no exception as she walks towards us pretending to find something in her bag, then as she approaches the car pulls out her hand and sticks up her middle finger. Jennie and I both scoff and try our best to hold in laughter as she opens the door and climbs into the front seat.

"Hey, Lisa. Hey Jen- oh... you look... good". Jisoo's sentence trails off and she tries to find her words. Her eyes were wide and the second she took the time to take in Jennie's appearance, her lips parted slightly.

Jennie bows her head and blushes her "Thanks, Unnie" coming out in the softest voice I have ever heard from her.

Just as I was teasingly telling Jisoo to close her damn mouth, my phone buzzed in my hand. I had been waiting for this call all morning, and her name lit up the screen in bold letters, 'Rosie🌹'. Not wanting to ignore her, but not wanting to expose absolutely everything, I answer the call with "Hey Mum".

"Um... Lisa it's me? I'm not your mum". I can hear her giggle awkwardly on the other end of the line and pause before she goes "Hello?"

"I said hey mum!" I repeated it louder this time and Jennie cocked an eyebrow and looked back at me through the rearview mirror. She and Jisoo had stopped their conversation in the front respectfully so I could talk to my 'mum'.

"Lisa... is this like... a sexual thing? Calling me mommy or something...". She goes all awkward on the other end of the line and I swear I can feel her cheeks going red through the phone.

"Mum, I'm with Jennie and Jisoo right now. We just picked Jisoo up"

"Ohhhh I get you" her laughter rings through the phone and I suppress a smile. "I was going to be like, 'well damn I wasn't prepared for this so soon, but okay!'." My eyes widen at this and a few thoughts I would deem inappropriate swirled around my head. "Anyways, I was just calling to tell you that I won't be able to talk with you before school, so don't come to my classroom. I can see you at lunch though".

"Yeah, that should be fine." I'm doing my best to act normal, knowing that my two friends can hear every word I'm saying, I was just praying that they couldn't hear Rosie's voice on the other end of the line. I didn't really think this through.

"I can still text you though during the meeting. So are we good to do that?" I can tell she is still embarrassed by her earlier comment about the sexual nicknames.

"Sounds good, I'll chat to you soon then?"

"Yep, I'll text you" she's still giggling to herself.

"Bye Mumma."

"Bye, child" I rolled my eyes slightly at her last comment and tried my hardest not to grin or else the girls would know that something was up.

Received - 7.45 am
From: Rosie🌹
Hahaha, I can't stop laughing. That was so embarrassing. Are you nearly at school?

Sent - 7.46 am
You weirdo 🤦🏻‍♀️ "Lisa is this a sexual thing?" 😂😂
Ummm I'm probably 10 minutes away. When does your meeting start?

Received - 7.46 am
From: Rosie🌹
Shut up omg. You would have thought the same thing if the girl that you were dating was calling you 'mum'.

Received - 7.46 am
From: Rosie🌹
Although this conversation can be an open discussion a little later on if you would like that. I would be lying if I said it doesn't appeal to me.

Received - 7.46 am
From Rosie 🌹
I just walked in and sat down at my meeting. It's boring already 😫

I audibly choke reading her message, luckily Jennie and Jisoo had started up a conversation and were so engrossed in each other that they paid me no mind.

Sent - 7.48 am
I can keep you company if you want? I'll message you until I get to school.

Received - 7.49 am
From: Rosie🌹
Yes, please. So, I have two questions to ask you.

Sent - 7.49 am
Oh? Ask away

Received - 7.50 am
From: Rosie🌹
1) How did you find our date last night?
2) Would you like to do something again tomorrow night?
3) What would you like to do?

Sent - 7.51 am
That was 3 things, not two...

Received - 7.52 am
From: Rosie🌹
Just answer the questions.

Sent - 7.52 am
1) It was fun, we definitely have to do it again
2) Yes I'm very free tomorrow night so I would love to hang out.
3) My parents aren't home, so did you want to come over to my house? I can give you a proper tour this time and I can spend longer showing you my room without us being interrupted?

Received - 7.53 am
From: Rosie🌹

Hmm, the bedroom offer does sound tempting. Anyways I have to address the table with my English average update. I'll see you in period 2.

Sent - 7.54 am
Alrighty, I'll chat to you later.
Bye Mommy 😏

Received - 7.56 am
From: Rosie🌹

Bitch 🙄