24

El's POV

I was supposed to tell Mike, I needed to tell him, but I was too scared. Confrontation had never been a strong suit verbally. 

It was only two days since my realization, but I could feel the pressure weighing on me every time Mike turned to look at me. It was like he could since I was hiding something from him, but instead of confronting me, he gave me space. I was glad for it, no kissing or hugging or even hand holding.

Part of me wanted to be cowardly and just let us grow apart slowly without explaining why and letting Mike be confused.

"Hey!" I finger was being snapped in my face causing me to blink out of my thoughts. My attention was brought to Lucas, the snapper. Max, who sat next to me, was glaring at Lucas. No matter what he did, she would hate it.

"Ok," Lucas started speaking, or continued speaking. I wasn't paying attention. "Now that El is back with us mere mortals, we need to discuss our plans for tonight."

"Tonight?" I questioned. What was so special about tonight that we needed to hang out?

He groaned and shook his head painfully. "It hurts me that you're this clueless."

"Hey now," Dustin interjected, "it's not her fault."

Lucas just shrugged. "It's Friday, the day we hang out. Any suggestions?"

I shook my head, they knew this town better than me.

"God you're useless," Lucas muttered. He wasn't trying to be mean, he was just a matter-of-fact kind of guy. It didn't bother me and I just continued to eat my sandwich.

Nevertheless I looked at Max and we shared a look of annoyance. It was a common practice for us.

"Mike? Any input?"

Mike seemed to jump out of his body at his name but just calmly shook his head.

Lucas groaned more.

"We could just hang out at someones house?" Will suggested.

It sounded like a good plan but then Max spoke up. "Yeah but whose house? Will and El are still moving in, Dustin's cat has children-"

"My house," Mike offered, interrupting Max. It was the first he had spoken since lunch started, it startled me to say the least. I would have been startled if he even turned to acknowledge the discussion though. 

Everyone else seemed to be thinking the same thing as we all looked at each other, searching for thoughts and opinions. I personally didn't want to go to Mikes house, not yet anyways. It was uncomfortable ground and I didn't want to deal with it at the moment.

But no one else seemed to have an issue and started to make plans to hang out at the Wheeler household. 

I turned to Max, she looked at me too. It seemed she wasn't too fond of going over to Mike's either since her lips were turned down and her eyebrows scrunched. She seemed to sense my unwillingness as well since she turned to address the group and said,

"Me and El are going to have a girls night, at my place."

I lit up, this is what best friends were for. Just knowing how you feel and accommodating, no questions asked.

"Fine," Lucas didn't seem to like the idea as much, or maybe he just didn't like that it was Max's idea. "We'll have a boys night then."

Max and I shrugged and looked ate each other grinning.

--------

I swear more drama, I jsut have a hard time finding time to write. Besides 2am.