Chapter 18: Straight to the point

Please bear with the cringes of this story. I'll try to make up everything.
--------------

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die"

Chapter 18: Straight to the point

The class just ended and Taehyung was putting his stuff in his locker. He felt someone stand beside him. He smiled seeing it was Jungkook.

"Are you done now? Should we go home?" Jungkook asked looking at him.

"Uh, I can't go with you today, Jungkook." Taehyung replied rubbing the back of his neck.

"Why? Do you still have some left work to do? I can wait." Jungkook retorted.

"No, it's not about that, I have to meet someone today but I can promise you I will go here after the meetup." Taehyung stated.

"Who's that someone?" Jungkook asked furrowing his forehead and crossing his arms.

"It's... It's Hero." Taehyung replied lips forming on a thin.

"That guy again" Jungkook mumbled rolling his tongue in his inner cheek.

"He said he will just tell me something important that's why I agreed." Taehyung uttered, for some reason, that he felt like he need to explain something that he doesn't know.

"Okay, you can come with him. I will go now, have fun." Jungkook simply said patting his head.

Jungkook left but Taehyung felt his heart was aching when Jungkook just left like that. He sighed and shooked his head. He just thinks that maybe Jungkook is tired that's why he's like that.

"Taehyung, you're here, come on!" Hero smiled waving his hand to get Taehyung's attention.

Taehyung looked at him and smiled a bit in response. He followed Hero and they left the University.

They went to the restaurant, Taehyung was kind of confused about the place but he just followed Hero anyway. Hero pulled out the chair for him and Taehyung sat down on the chair.

"Just wait for me here, I will get food for us." Hero told him.

Taehyung just hums in response, and Hero left him alone.

-----

"Here's the food, enjoy it." Hero smiled setting the food on the table.

"Thank you." Taehyung smiled back while Hero was sitting on the chair in front of him.

"By the way, Taehyung, are you single?" Hero suddenly asked.

Taehyung was taken aback by his question. He took a deep sigh and looked at him.

"Yeah, why did you ask?" Taehyung responded by asking.

"Well, I know it sounds weird because we just met a few days ago but I can't help myself to fall in love with you." Hero uttered.

"Wuh-what are you talking about?" Taehyung asked gulping.

"I mean, I like you the first time we met. I think you are the one for me, every time I look or talk to you, my heart beats so fast and I felt I found my destiny, the person who will be on my side forever." Hero stated.

"Ahm, I-I think you are being so fast." Taehyung muttered.

"I'm sorry, did I make you uncomfortable? I just badly want to tell you about my feelings, I'm afraid that I won't able to tell you." Hero cleared his throat while rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's okay, it's just I can't process anything." Taehyung replied swallowing hard.

"I just want to make sure that I still have a place in your heart and I want to ask you if I can court you?" Hero inquired.

"Can you give me time to think about it? I-I was still confused. I don't think I can answer you right now." Taehyung retorted.

"It's okay, I understand and I just want to tell you about my feelings since I can't sleep every time I think about it. Anyway, you can eat now, it's getting cold." Hero chuckled.

Taehyung smiled awkwardly and eat the food while hoping that he could leave the place right now. It just felt uncomfortable every second.

-----

Finally, Taehyung arrived at the house, Hero take him there in his car. Taehyung left the car and looked at Hero who was looking at him through the window.

"I will wait for your answer, just take your time. And please don't feel uncomfortable with me." Hero chuckled.

"Thank you for taking me here,  have a good night." Taehyung smiled bowing his head.

"Good night to you too, Taehyung." Hero chuckled and waved his hands to bid him goodbye.

He started his car's engine and drove away. Taehyung sighed in relief, he got inside the house and saw Jungkook alone in the house while sitting on the couch, drinking a beer, and watching some movies.

"You're here, how's your date?" Jungkook asked looking at him.

"I-It's not a date." Taehyung immediately insisted.

"How can you say it's not a date? It was obvious that he wants to court you." Jungkook retorted.

"Huh-how did you know?" Taehyung inquired confusedly looking at him.

"See, you didn't even deny it. It's so obvious that he likes you but I don't know if you are being dumb or naive?" Jungkook snickered.

"I-I really don't know that he likes me. I didn't notice anything, I thought he just wanted to be my friend." Taehyung explained.

"So, how does it feel? Are you in a relationship with him?" Jungkook grinned.

"I-I didn't think about it yet, I don't think I'm ready and I told him that I will think about it." Taehyung replied while fidgeting his fingers. 

Jungkook stood up and went in front of him.

"My only advice to you is to reject him, he's no good for you." Jungkook whispered through his ear.

"Wuh-what do you mean?" Taehyung asked turning his head around to look at him.

"You're so naive, you should listen to me, I know what's good for you. Besides, I knew more than you." Jungkook reminded him.

Taehyung just bit his bottom lip while fidgeting his fingers.

"You should take a rest now, you seem tired because of your date."

That was what Jungkook said and walked passed by him.