Hide And Seek

AVA POV

My heart was pounding loudly in my chest as I tried to stay as quiet as possible. It's cold. I'm blind. I'm starving. I'm injured. And lastly, I'm trying to stay hidden from that psychotic bastard that decided playing Hide and Seek would be a great game to pass the time. Of course, he's the It and I'm hiding in the corner of the building behind some type of vehicle.

From what he told me, we're in a warehouse that no one would think to look in.

"Ava," he sang out a few feet away.

I froze, holding my breath. Should I go somewhere else? What if he sees me? No, what if he already sees me but he's just messing with me?

I gritted my teeth in frustration. This is one of the rare moments where I hated being blind. I never expected to be in this type of situation but of course, an overconfident idiot like me would think she can rule the world even with a gun pointed at my head. Fucking idiot.

I was half focused on cursing at myself that I was almost a little late to notice him close to me. I immediately duck down and punched forward.

He grunted and fell a few steps back before laughing, menacingly. "I found you."

"Fuck this," I cursed, finally fed up and pissed. "Come at me, you son of a bitch. I'm sick and tired of being scared of you."

His laughter boomed all throughout the building. "I could just shoot you, little girl."

"Yeah, well, I couldn't give two shits about what you could do. You could shoot me or stab me, I still won't give in without a fight."

"Oh?" He said mockingly. "You'll die trying? Is that what you're trying to say?"

I shrugged. "Well, hopefully it won't get to that point but whatever."

"Huh, okay." I head something drop to the floor and I got ready to defend myself.

"Don't worry, I'm just tossing aside my gun. It wouldn't be fun if I shot you and you bled to death. I'd rather watch you slowly lose hope as you realize that no one cares enough about you to even find you."

I tilted my head. "Was that supposed to break me down or something? Seriously? You know what, just shoot me. At least I won't have to hear you talk anym-"

I leaned back and felt a breeze against my face as he tried to land a hit. I quickly kicked my leg up, just to feel it connect.

Crack!

"Ahh!" He screamed. "You fucken bitch!"

I winced as I quickly straightened myself. I'm assuming that was his leg that I broke. I silently rejoiced as I stayed alert.

He rushed at me and I tried to dodge, just to have the wind knocked out of me as he landed a blow to my chest. A rib or two were cracked, which made it difficult to breathe but I knew that today will be my last day if I didn't fight back.

We exchanged punches and kicks until I was finally knocked onto my back. I tried to get back up but I was slammed back down with a hands tight around my neck. I tried to get his hands to loosen up but it wouldn't budge. I tried to kick him off me but he straddled my waist, making it hard for me to do so. I couldn't even reach his face.

I was desperately trying to gasp for air as I struggled to get out of his grip.

"I had fun, little girl." I heard him say behind the pounding in my head. "Now it's time to end this game and say goodbye."

Just when I felt him put more pressure onto my neck, I heard a loud bang and the pressure disappeared. My ears were ringing from whatever the loud sound was so I pretty much couldn't hear anything else.