Chapter 04

Finally the moment I was looking forward to arrived; the doors to the Great Hall opened and we all walked inside.

It was even more glorious now in my dream, than when I used to daydream about it. The candles floated from the ceiling, which was bewitched to look like the night sky.

There were four huge tables that students were now taking their seats behind them, oblivious to the astonishing news of the Triwizard Tournament as they eagerly waited for the feast to begin.

     I followed Fred, George, and Lee towards the Gryffindor table and sat next to them, waiting for the sorting ceremony to begin with excitement.

     After long minutes of waiting, the Great Hall's doors opened, a sea of first years coming inside, leaded my Professor McGonagall.

     When they reached the end of the hall, Professor McGonagall put a stool and placed the sorting hat on it. The hat started to sing a poem about he four houses and I listened, amazed.

     Soon, the sorting started and the first years joined their new houses. When they were done, a man with silver long hair and beard stood off his seat.

     "I have also another announcement," said Dumbledore. I was now at the edge of my seat, ready for him to talk about the Triwizard Tournament. But instead, he said something that caught me completely off guard. "We have another new student joining us this year; an exchange student from Ilvermorny, for her fourth year at Hogwarts!"

    I then saw his eyes turn towards my direction and I took aback. I was starting to freak out. How did he know this was my fake background story? I thought grimly, but then reminded myself quickly that this was just a dream; weird things always happen in a dream.

     "Miss Lexi Hooper," he pointed at me. "Would you please join us up front?"

    I swallowed, hastily getting off my seat and walking towards the teacher's table. It was a terrible feeling, now that all eyes were on me, watching me closely and whispering in hushed tones.

     "Please take a seat." Professor McGonagall pointed at the stool, but I could see it on her face that she too was shocked by this turn of events and at what Dumbledore had just announced.

     My heart pounding hard, I sat on the stool and carefully, Professor McGonagall placed the sorting hat on me. No sooner had this happened, that I started to hear a voice inside my head.

     "How extraordinary. How extraordinary, indeed!" Exclaimed the sorting had. "I've never had a Muggle come to me for sorting. I probably mustn't put you in any house. But, oh... perhaps Dumbledore read in your mind what I am seeing now! You're not from this timeline, I see... no... you know things that no one can know... seen things that we aren't supposed to see but in the years to come...

"Maybe that's the reason Dumbledore didn't ask you to leave this place and instead wanted you sorted. But it's amusing how you won't let yourself believe that this is the reality. You're so convinced that you're dreaming. But if Dumbledore really believes that you are here to change the timelines to come in the future... then perhaps I should play my part as well."

     What the heck is he talking about? I thought to myself, practically feeling my loud heartbeat as the hat kept speaking inside my head. I was glad that the rest of the Hall couldn't hear it.

     "Smart, but not enough for Ravenclaw. Loyal, but not patient and hard-working enough for a Hufflepuff. A thirst to prove yourself worthy, I see. Cunning, maybe. You'd do great in Slytherin. But I have to say, the courage I see in you can overpower your cunningness any day. Too brave, that one could even call it foolishness. Better be... GRYFFINDOR!"

     The hat shrieked and the sound of people clapping followed it right after. As Professor McGonagall took the hat off my head and I got up, I could see Fred and George standing up, whistling as I made my way towards them, Lee patting me on the back when I sat down next to them.

     I was rather taken aback. I always thought I would end up in Slytherin; even my friends told me so.

     "I now have only two more words to say," said Dumbledore, making the whole hall fall quiet. "Tuck in."

     And just then, plates and plates of delicious looking food appeared on the table out of nowhere, making me forgetting all about the sorting's hat's little speech in my head.

     I didn't hold back to tuck in, and enjoy the best, even though unreal, night of my life. But then a note appeared next to my plate out of nowhere which read, 

     Please come to my office on the seventh floor after the feast. There is lots to talk about, as I'm sure you know this as well.

Albus Dumbledore