14

MARCH 25, 2019

The Han River was quiet tonight.

Jeongguk had his elbows on the railing of the river, earphones on and staring at the water. He didn't do well at practice today - his voice had become raspy from yesterday's live rehearsal and he hadn't been able to take a proper vocal rest ever since. It made him frustrated.

Namjoon had tried to comfort him but he wasn't having it. Their comeback was days away and he seemed to be not ready for it. What if they fail because of him?

He shook his head at the thought.

Pulling out his phone from his pocket, he checked the time. It was 10 in the evening yet Lalisa stopped texting him an hour ago and he wondered what had happened to her.

Their conversations were something he looked forward to everyday, and he's becoming quite attached to the girl. He didn't want to admit it but that was the truth. They text every morning, every afternoon, every night, during lunch, during the breaks - whenever they have free time.

They talk about various things like how he had his first heartbreak or how her audition went when she signed up for YG - basically never ending topics. He had listened to her problems and she had listened to his. They both found a friend in each other and he was glad for it.

10:06 pm
JEONGGUK
darling where
are you?

He tapped send and returned the phone back to his pocket.

Minutes passed, no reply.

Maybe she has practice or something. He thought and just shrugged it off.

A moment later, he thought he saw blonde hair from his peripheral vision. He turned and saw a blonde-haired girl walking with earphones on and wearing a fur coat with various colors. Her hair was tied into a low messy bun and she was staring straight ahead without a care in the world. Is it her?

Licking his lips, he called out, "Hey."

The girl turned to him and by just looking at her eyes, he knew she was Lisa. Her eyes widened as she saw him and hurriedly walked over to where he was.

"Jeongguk," She spoke, her voice unclear because of her mask, "What are you doing here?" Her eyes darted from left to right, checking if there was someone looking at them. The Han River is known as the place where idol couples meet, and they were no exception (even if their relationship was fake). Fortunately for them, no one was around.

"Just thinking." He tilted his head, "How about you? You didn't text me."

Lisa scoffed, "You were expecting me to text you, huh." She went next to him and put her hands on the railing, too. "I was busy."

Jeongguk sighed, "Me too. I'm so tired, I can't even sing properly right now." He looked at her bare face and asked, "What brought you here, darling?"

"I don't know. I needed air." She replied and looked at her hands. Last time he saw her was their breakfast date a week ago, but she still looked beautiful as ever. Wait, no.

"You mean to say there's no air in your dorm?"

She suddenly smacked his head to which he shrieked, "Not literal air, Junglebook. I needed space to think and our dorm is not the exact place for that. My members are noisy as hell."