Chapter 44

THIS CHAPTER IS PART OF A MEGA UPLOAD!!!!!

THERE ARE 5 CHAPTERS ALL TOGETHER ACROSS ALL MY PLATFORMS AND BOOKS.

2 DELICATE CHAPTERS

1 MASTER CHAPTER

1 PATREON CHAPTER (FOR SILVER, ROSE GOLD AND GOLD TIERS)

1 FAMILY PRANK WAR PART

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THESE CHAPTERS HUMANS, I WORKED HARD ON THEM ALL AND I HOPE IT CAN MAKE YOU A LITTLE HAPPIER IN THESE TOUGH TIMES.

-------------------------

Damon's P.O.V

The archives.

Our pack's history was all here, shoved into books of all shapes and sizes with varying ages for any curious enough to explore them. There were also the books that almost every pack had, books that held all the secrets and interworkings of our species throughout their pages. Amongst those, there were the generic specie's history books that most wolves studied as pups and forgot soon after.

The archives were organised by year and species through an unnecessarily complex system, littered throughout various spaces of the pack library and easy to miss amongst the millions of books collected here. Most wolves relied on a worker to locate the materials they were looking for, but I didn't bother looking for one as I lead Will through the library.

I knew all parts of this place better than most. Dad had made sure of that, only waiting until I'd uttered my first syllables to give me a personal tour of his favourite place throughout all the pack lands. 

We all spent many days and nights here when we were growing up, whether by choice or by force, no pack members knew the library like the Heils and Calderons.

"I wish I could see it all," Will starts mindlessly, mouth agape as he scanned the beautiful space with those stunning eyes, "but from what I can make out, this place is magnificent."

"You just won yourself a lifetime's supply of brownie points with dad," I reply making him smile a little as he gained enough control of his mouth to close it.

We'd agreed to spend the day in the archives, starting the journey of learning as much as we could about human-werewolf mates. There was no doubt a shitload of information to get through, only a fraction of which would be here and actually relevant to us, but making a start was what was important.

I'd offered to come alone, gather as many books as my arms could carry and bring them back to the suite for the two of us to study together in the comfort of our own space. Not because I gave a damn about the eyes that tracked us curiously, but because I knew Will would and I didn't want him to panic with a space I knew to always be occupied by other wolves.

But Will surprised both me and Theo when he said that he, in fact, wanted to come with me, and not only get the books but read them in the library itself.

"You can't babysit me every day, I know you have other things to do beyond seeing your family. So I need to get used to this place so I'm not having a break down every time I step out the door."

That had been Will's quick and confident response when I asked him about the sudden change. It had only served to make me even more shocked but it also filled my chest with complete awe and pride at how strong he really was.

I knew how it scared him being here, his heart rate spiked every time we left the suite and didn't ever completely settle back to its usual pace until we returned. But despite all his fears and even with his past experiences that had developed this heavy sense of mistrust he carried, he was trying and that was one of the bravest things I'd ever witnessed.