chapter 14: Big trouble in Little Sanchez

Y/n's pov

I woke up to find the space next to me empty again. From what I could tell Rick's been trying to avoid me since a few weeks ago. After that night morty barged in on our kiss. It only bothered me slightly since I couldn't continue to play our little game we'd always played. I decided it was time to roll out of bed and grab a cup of coffee. 

As I walked down the stairs, I noticed everyone was at the dining table. I sat down in the empty chair, Rick looked up from his plate for a second but gave me a bored expression. Morty started talking about how a lunch lady at their school was found dead with two holes in their neck. Rick nonchalantly said it must have  been a vampire.

"Wait vampires are real?"

"Of course they're real summer," rick commented.

Summer somehow got the courage to ask rick a really specific question, that I didn't really see coming. She wanted him to go to her school as a teen and find the vampire, like their own adventure. 

"That's weirdly specific Summer. I could do that but why would I waste my time doing that. You should be ashamed  "

I watched as Summer looked down at her plate disappointedly.

"That's right Summer be ashamed," Jerry said absently playing on his tablet.

This started a fight between Beth and him but we all ignored him. Rick asked if they've ever thought of going to marriage counseling. Beth of course said that it didn't work. Rick decided that he'd take them to an off planet couples counselor with a 100% success rate.

That's surprising he wants to save someone else's failing marriage? He wouldn't even save his own, something's up.

The three of them got up and went to the ship. I had the kids get ready for school and drove them there since public school transportation sucks. 

Once I got back from dropping the kids off in their parents car, I found Rick working on something in the garage. I sat at his work bench and watched him work on making hyperbaric fluid capsules. He looked up at me after finishing the cut he had been making in one of the metal bars. 

"What," he said gruffly.

"So you're really gonna do it?"

"Yeah, so what?"

"Nothing...you want help coding the program for the mind transfer?"

"How generous of *eugh* you," he said sarcastically. 

"Okay asshole, I wont help you then. See you in a few days. Really hope the kids dont get the blood drained from their bodys by that vamp."

"Alright, alright. I see your p-point."

We worked in silence and soon I finished setting up the program and the electrodes to go with it. I decided to help him on fixing the capsules in place. He made several but I'm not complaining. Once we had finished he started to make the actual fluid that would need to be after the body was contained. I took a dna sample and made a few bodies he'd asked for in his clone synthesizer. We were finished by lunch time and I helped him transfer his mind over to the morty aged version of himself. We ate a sandwich and then left for the high school. 

Once I dropped him off I went back home to take a nap.

*time skip to after the kids and rick return* 

The kids and rick seemed happy with their hunt and summer was even carrying a pink duffle with bloody wooden stakes in it. 

"Looks like you guys had fun."