Chapter 22: C-Rank

It had been exactly two months since Team 7 had been formed, and each week they had sparred with Naruto with the other three teams, and each time they lost horribly, even if he handicapped himself like when he had tied both hands behind his back or hopped on one foot. 

It was humiliating for them, but each time they learned to adapt and try to overcome him, their teamwork was improving. The fact of the matter was that Naruto was just too strong to go against them. 

Even Asuma had commented on how the man would be able to take on a hundred Chunin the same way had he actually tried, earning a laugh from Naruto who just waved off the compliment. 

Naruto didn't actually know how strong he was. He already knew he surpassed the Hokage after a few months of training after his Mangeykou had awakened, and he kept training and taking missions. 

He chuckled when he heard his nickname, 'The Kindhearted Shinobi'. He hadn't killed a single person within these last four years, something he was proud of. He could list the number of people he had killed, seventeen. Three from the Chunin Exams and then the fourteen Anbu when Itachi had died. Naruto simply knocked out his opponents or just disabled them quickly instead of resorting to killing. 

Killing was for those who were evil. He did not want to be evil. He would not be a disappointment to his village nor his mother or father. He knew they called him 'soft' behind his back, but he never truly cared what people said behind his back. He took pleasure in knowing they would be too scared to say it to his face. 

"Soft," He muttered as he shook his head as he climbed up the stairs to the Hokage Tower, ready to request a mission for his Genin. It would be their first real mission, a C-Rank. He greeted the secretary kindly, who smiled at him.

"Jeez Naruto, you're such a flirt." She pinched his right cheek as he laughed a little, grinning. Her name was Naomi Izuwa, a senior citizen who worked the day shift of being the Hokage's secretary, being able to keep track of all of his appointments as well as his schedule. She even gave him an earful when he slacked off to read one of his pupil's books or smoke too much. 

"Is the old man busy right now? I'd like to request a special mission for my squad." The woman checked Hiruzen's schedule. "Ah, he's in a meeting with Danzo-sama at the moment, they will be done shortly if you don't mind waiting." Naruto smiled.

"Not at all!" It wasn't his time, but his Genin's, they were still probably waiting for him. He chuckled at the thought. It reminded him of Kakashi. 

A few minutes passed, and then half an hour, and then an hour and Naruto stood up. "I'm going to go see if they both died of a heart attack," Naruto told Naomi. Naomi laughed. 

"I hope not, it seems like a lot of paperwork." She joked. Naruto grinned before walking into the office. 

"Yo old men, are yall dead?" He asked and stopped speaking when he saw the two pairs of eyes on him, one of them narrowed and the other one seemed grateful. 

"Naruto," Hiruzen greeted. "Always a pleasure to see you." 

"Ah, the Nine-Tails Jinchuuriki, hmph." Danzo got out. Naruto cocked his head to the side but didn't say anything. "We're in a meeting, you may leave." 

"I think not," Naruto replied easily as he approached the desk and standing by a chair that was next to the chair that Danzo was sitting in. "I was actually hoping to get a C-Rank mission for my team!" 

"I said we're busy, leave!" Danzo ordered. Naruto rose an eyebrow. 

"Every time you open your mouth I see a little bit of dust leave, it's kinda gross." He quickly said before turning to the Hokage. Hiruzen sighed as he pulled out a scroll.