14

𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝓈 𝑜𝓊𝓉,

( second-person point of view  )

It had been some time since the Kira investigation began, but it felt like yesterday sometimes. You were almost proud to be a part of the task force, however, it seemed you were not getting any closer to catching the mass-murderer. That could be a downer, but you funneled that negative energy back into your work to produce greater motivation. Even if you got down in the dumps, L was always there to make sure your head was above water (and vice versa).

"All I'm saying is that I think you'd look really cute with your hair up," You stated with a smile as you reached out your hand to gently stroke L's raven locks. His hair was thick, oddly long, and surprisingly soft. Your boyfriend's hair was rather lovely, you were somewhat jealous.

"You can attempt to style it if you want," L offered. Your eyes lit up at his suggestion and you nearly laughed in excitement.

"It would be my honor," You said with a big smile. L looked at you with a kind smile. You had to resist the strong urge to kiss him. In a strange way, you got the idea he shared the same urge. L stood up from where he was sitting and he reached out to hold your face in his hands. L laid a soft and sentimental kiss to your lips that lasted a handful of seconds. It was so pure and wonderful, L pulled back and muttered,

"I love you, my darling." You smiled even brighter, your hands resting on top of his own hands.

"I love you too, my handsome detective," You replied and leaned up to kiss his lips again. You couldn't possibly imagine your life without L. Well, you could picture life without him, but it was a very terrible one. When you reflected back on your life you always came to the conclusion that your life improved drastically once and when L was in it. You separated from the kiss and chuckled. You were about to say something about how he was a good kisser, but something stopped you.

"Hey, Ry--" Matsuda entered the room with a request, but seemed to quickly forget it when he saw you two kissing each other. To Matsuda, you and L were simply co-workers and acquaintances. Matsuda's jaw was slacked and he looked beyond shocked. You and L wore similar expressions, silent and lost for words. You had been so good at keeping your relationship a secret for so long! How could you slip up so easily!

"I can explain," L said, suddenly releasing you from his grasp. You jumped back a few steps and cleared your throat awkwardly.

"Wh-What?" Matsuda asked, stunned at what he witnessed. "H-how long have you been... together?" You and L looked at each other, L nodded subtly and you want to ensure no one else was near, close the door to the room, and lock it.

"I have been in a relationship with (C/n) for almost four years," L stated, putting on the monotone facade he always wore in front of the other members of the task force. You felt yourself resist a smile at his keen memory--you were in fact nearing your four-year anniversary.

"W-wait, what?" Matsuda was even more shocked than before at this revelation. "You guys knew each other before the investigation?"

"Yes, for some time," L said. "We decided it would be best to keep our relationship private for safety reasons. We tell you this in confidence."

"O-of, course! I-I won't tell anyone!" Matsuda stuttered briefly.

"I'd hope that's the case," You said, folding your arms over your chest, trying to appear threatening. "If not, rest assured, there will be consequences."

"Don't worry!"Matsuda affirmed. "No one else will know, you can count on me!"

"Thank you for your... discretion."

𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊𝑒𝒹. . .