Chapter Two

My bag was packed, the opening was just ahead of me. I was actually going to do this.

The guards aren't looking, the path is clear, I clutch my bag and take off.

I'll admit to not being the most athletic person, but I've been running for half a second and I'm already out of breath.

"Hey girl! What are you doing?! You cant go in there!" I could hear the guard running after me but I couldn't stop now. The wall will be finished within the next week, this could be my last chance.

I kicked into full speed, the guard was closing in. I'm so close, I can make out the ruins on the other side.

The shapes that seem to slide and shift dont frighten me, whatever is in front of me I can handle.

A hand latches to the collar of my jacket and I'm yanked backwards.

"You cant go in there!" The guard pants, out of breath. No, I wont lose. I turn around quickly, the guard has no time to move before my fist connects with his jaw.

His hand slips as he stumbles backwards and I sprint across the boarder, disappearing into the gray fog.

-202-

I came up with this concept like over a year ago, and now I realize theres a similar concept of a sanders sides monster au on tiktok. So uh, this isnt copying them.