3

Tyler

I was thinking about her this morning and here she is.

I didn't know what to say or how to react.

I wanted to yell at her, but at the same time I wanted to reach out and touch her just to be sure that she was really there.

"Excuse me..." The man that had come with her spoke up. "You're staring, sir."

I saw her chair shift over a little and knew that he had pulled her closer.

Was that her husband?

"My apologies." I said fixing my tie and looking anywhere but Amari.

"Hey." Danielle finally spoke up. "You went to high school with Tyler, right?"

"That is correct." Amari cleared her throat.

"Really?" Her husband asked looking at her with an amused smile.

"Yes really." Amari smiled instantly.

A second ago she was nervous and maybe annoyed, but the moment she looked at him, a smile appeared on her face. Maybe she was faking it.

"In that case..." He said reaching his hand out. "I'm Justin Alden. Amari's boyfriend."

"Boyfriend? Not husband or fiancé?" I asked shaking his hand.

"Not husband or fiancé." He shook his head. "Yet anyway." He mumbled and Amari looked over at him.

"What was that?" She asked hiding a smile.

"Nothing." He shook his head. "Go ahead and handle business, boo."

Amari smiled and shook her head.

"And this is Lisa. My assistant." She said. "How has things been for you?" She finally asked.

"Things have been great for me." I said. "The business is at its most profitable right now and I'm married."

"Really?" She asked sitting up with a shocked expression. "Congratulations. I'm assuming Danielle is the... Lady?"

What happened to 'Lucky'?

"She is." I nodded.

"I am." Danielle held her hand out to show them the ring.

"Ooh." Lisa said leaning up to get a better view on the ring. "It's beautiful."

"Truly." Amari added. "Okay. About business."

Amari

Tyler and I were discussing business with Drew and Lisa adding in a note every now and then. I could tell that Justin was bored with all of this by the way his hand kept creeping up my thigh and beneath my dress to try and throw me off. Whenever I would stutter or come up blank, I could see him fight back a smirk out of the corner of my eye.

"Are you guys ready to order?" A waitress came over to us with her own and notepad ready.

"Uh, yeah." Danielle said glancing around the table.