Chapter 12: He Cooks and Braids?

"Heyy" she said after a minute. "Your the only person I've ever actually liked."

He met her gaze and smiled. "You too" he transmitted.

~~~

"If it makes you feel any better, Keefe hasn't kissed anyone either."

He looked at her quizzically, "and you know this because?"

"Well I told him about the dexphie kiss and he mentioned I beat him."

"Feels like I'm the last person to hear about this occurrence."

"I didn't tell you before because i didn't want you to get the wrong idea about us before you knew who I actually liked."

"I understand" he said.

"I wanna ask another question," she said. "Did you know that teal was my favorite color?"

"Yeah," he said. "And luckily for me, my eyes are teal," he said smirking.

"How do you know that my love of teal pre-dates when I met you?"

"I guess I don't," he said blushing.

She looked back at the schedule. "It's about time for dinner," she said.

"Let's see what the Black Swann left us," Fitz said rummaging through the fridge. He pulled out some pans and a bag of some corn like vegetables.

"You cook?" She asked.

"A little," he replied.

A little was an understatement. He instructed her to pass him various spices as she scrambled to read their labels. Soon he had fried up the corn like vegetables, and made a potatoey soup. Sophie made them some side salads with rainbow lettuce. They ate together enjoying their time alone. This was their first dinner all to themselves and even though it was in a guest house in Aluveturre, it was still romantic. Everything went smoothly as if they had been doing this their whole lives.

"This is really great," she said.

"I'm glad you like it," he said beaming. After a minute he said, "what are we gonna tell people about us?"

"I don't know if we should tell our friends yet." Sophie said choosing her words carefully.

"I agree," he replied, "some things seem tense with Keefe and I don't want to cause any rifts."

"This will be our secret then," she concluded, "at least for now."

He nodded. 

~~~

After dinner Fitz headed upstairs. "I'm gonna take a shower before bed," he said. "Do you want me to help with the dishes?" He asked.

"I got it," she said as he gave a smile and headed upstairs.

After she finished, she headed up to the room she had slept in earlier. She washed her face and changed into some pj's. She put on some pajama shorts and a cropped tight black tank top.

She went downstairs to sit and read at the couch. She heard Fitz coming downstairs a few minutes later. Her jaw dropped as he walked down shirtless with the elvin equivalence of sweat pants. And he looked good in them.
His movie star smile apparently accompanied a movie star body and now that she was able to see him from a distance she could tell that those morning runs were definately contributing to his model physique.

"Hey" he said in his crisp accent. She scooted over on the couch so he could sit down. "You look good in human clothes," he added.

"You look good in no clothes!" Her brain screamed. Luckily she caught herself before she said it out loud.

However he may have been listening to her thoughts judging by the smirk on his face and his next words.

"Do you mind?" He asked. "I usually sleep without a shirt."

"I don't mind" she said. Almost a little too quickly.

He scooted a little closer. She blushed. He brushed a hair out of her face and twiddled the strand between his fingers. "Your hair is so soft," he commented.

She giggled.

"Can. Can I braid it?" He asked not wanting to intrude on her space.

"Sure?" She replied a little surprised.

"Hey I know how to braid!" He said reading her thoughts. "Turn around." He said as he twined his fingers in her hair. He worked meticulously. Sophie could feel his breath on her neck and her back quivered as his fingers brushed the thin fabric of her shirt.

"There," he said smiling at his work.

"Not too shabby," she said feeling the ridges with her fingers.

"Hey having Biana as a sister has its benefits."

"Thanks," she said blushing.

"I'm gonna head to bed," he said looking at the time. "I'll be in the room across from yours."

She nodded. "I should prolly get to bed too"

With that they walked up together and smiled parting ways heading into their separate rooms.

~~~

Kinda a short chapter but really wholesome 😂
Also TWO chapters in one day!! I guess it makes up for the like month long cliff hanger, I have a busy schedule.

Let's see if this chapter can reach 20 likes!!