Chapter four | Bonnie and Clyde

"God you are such a nerd," Erica said as Valerie watched her cousin pose in his costume.

"Shut up,"

"No wonder the only girl you hang out with is your cousin," Lucas gave her an annoyed face as Valerie aunt scolded Erica. "Just a fact,"

Valerie and Erica exchanged looks as Lucas continued to pose before mouthing 'nerd' just to piss him off.

°°°

"Oh shit! You guys are fucking screwed," Valerie laughed turning to the boys with a smile on her face "I told you nobody dresses up for school,"

"They did last year," Dustin told her as they walked inside

"That was last year this is this year so I'm gonna go before I get dragged in on the bullying your about to face," quickly skipped away as they entered the building

"You're a bitch!" Lucas screamed after her

"I know," Valerie laughed but stopped when she turned the corner and ran into the familiar redhead.

"shit sorry I didn't see you," Max said seeing she clearly startled the girl

"no its fine it was my fault I wasn't looking where I was going,"

"well neither was I so let's just say we both should start looking where we're going," the two laughed and Valerie couldn't help but fall In love with the way her nose crinkled when she laughed.

"I actually have to get to class but I'll see you around," Valerie told her turning on her heels and walking away.

"Hey what are you doing after school?" she turned around confused as to why the girl was asking

"nothing probably just going home I have to go trick or treating with my cousin,"

"oh okay never mind then," Max frowning slightly and turned to walk away

"but that's not until later so I don't really need to be home till they're ready to leave," the redhead turned back around a smile set upon her face

"I was just wondering what other things they have in this town to do for fun other then the arcade, so I was wondering if you could show me around," the girl was obviously nervous asking seeing as she had a small blush and was asking in almost a whisper though Valerie didn't know why.

"yeah of course I do know most of the cool places around town so I guess just meet me here after class and we can go."

"I actually have to drop some stuff off at home but we can meet up at the arcade.'

"yeah we can do that." the girl nodded and they both went their separate ways.

°°°

School was as boring a usual but Valerie got through it knowing that she was going to spend time with the pretty redhead after school. So with a smile on her face she rode her bike happily alongside her cousin and his friends. Though they were still complaining about being the only people to dress up. Her smile immediately turned into a frown as they realized a car behind them starting going way to face and headed straight towards them.