VIII

Arriving at the tarmac I'm reluctant I can't shake this feeling that something is off. Eric seems reluctant as well though neither of us are saying it. His grandma may or may not have dementia. My parents and Jordan are keeping something from me regarding Fraya. I haven't seen or heard from her since the wedding and that must mean something. Something is going on and if I get on this plane will it haunt me my entire honeymoon getaway? Then his soft hand snakes it's way from my wrist and takes my hand ripping me away from these thoughts that pollute my positivity.

Fraya is probably fine and Eric said on the phone his Mags is back home with the nurses with no significant injury just bruising. My parents are probably just trying to give me some room to breathe now that I'm married. I'm sure I'm just overreacting; everyone and everything is fine, right?

"After you baby." He says getting me into the plane. Hoping to calm my nerves with the very little turbulence Eric rubs his hands on my thigh distractingly. Distracting me further he puts his lips to my neck. His lips hover around my ear and when he whispers his bottom lip touching the skin of my neck.

"Just focus on me and everything will be fine. It's just a little bit of turbulence."

Watching him as he looks through his phone I sigh loudly. I'm well on my way to annoying the hell out of him when I sigh loudly for the fifth time this time throwing myself onto his lap. But he laughs.

"Clearly you want some attention."

I laugh, "Sorry babe but I'm bored of reading, and being on my phone."

In an attempt to keep from jumping out of this plane due to excessive boredom, he and I play a game of checkers. I watch him as his eyes dance around the board. His eyes are giving away nothing which is why I am losing terribly. Just on the plane all alone I notice his charms. I remember exactly what it was that attracted me to him and why I've been so stuck on him sense. He and I talk about nothing and everything, his smile and the way he's so mischievous and dirty whilst playful and uptight all in one. We share meals mostly because I ordered a lot of food and he knew I'd never finish it all. After eating he looks at me and I extend my chin up trying to kiss him. He leans in and I can feel the warmth of his face approaching mine. Only to have my seat recliner pulled so far back it's like a bed. He laughs at my reaction and I return the favor forcing his chair to recline. Relaxing into the chairs the air stewardess brings us the pillows and blankets. He puts his arm around me letting me nuzzle my face into the warm places of his arm. I tangle myself in him as he is beginning to nod off. Just as he falls asleep, I allow myself to drift off for the night.

I wake to him staring at me, "You have so much to say when you're asleep."

Not this again, "Shut up." He laughs and I go to the bathroom to freshen up. Coming from the bathroom Eric is on his phone talking with Mags.

"Just take your medicine and listen to your nurses please."

"Yes Mags the nurses are only there to help." I say into the phone forcing him to put me on the screen. Mags looks tired but I say nothing of it as I listen to him caring for her from hours away. Ending his call, he watches me eating more and he's got this cute grin I'm not really familiar with.

"What?"

"I like a girl that can eat is all."

I dance taking another bite earning that adorable grin to grow further. He takes my chin in his fingers nudging me a little closer for him to plant a pack to my lips. So sweet and simple but just enough to make me want more. But Eric turns his attention back to the movie he must've put on while I was asleep. He reaches over touching the screen talking a bunch about how I'm too young to know of such a classic and how I'm missing out.