1: King

The early 1900s

I was walking happily back home with the groceries Dad asked me to get. My hat bounces while I walk dancing feeling myself to the tune stuck in my head. I turn on the corner without looking; I bump into someone.

"Oh! I am so sorry sir!" I say looking up to the man.

He's wearing very expensive clothes; I would have to sell all my wardrobe to just be able to buy his overcoat...

"Do you know who I am?!" He asks me angrily.

 I freeze on my spot scared before looking up, I can't help but stare at his beautiful eyes.

He is very pale, his hair dark as the night and his eyes so cold that his gaze sends chills down my spine. 

I gulp nervously. "No sir, I am sorry," I say leaning down in reverence.

My heartbeat races and I start to blush at his intense gaze. He furrows his brows looking unpleased.

"Who are you?" If looks could kill I would be dead by now...

I look down feeling intimidated from his tone of voice."I-I am HeeYoung," I say looking at the floor fiddling with my fingers.

"From what family?"

"Joseon..." I say loudly enough for him to hear.

"Well, Joseon HeeYoung, I am King Yoongi." If I was frozen on my spot already there's no way I'm moving from here anymore. "And I own you now." He says coldly.

"W-what?" 

He walked away leaving me there confused. He didn't turn back to see me.

What does he mean I am his?  What is a King doing here in the middle of nowhere just by himself walking around...?

Confusion invades me...

Does he normally just goes claiming random girls he bumps into? Am I the first one he has ever claimed? If I am his why did he just left me here? I don't understand anything...

I start to walk to my house again. The song that was stuck in my head disappeared in a second. I feel uneasy... it's not just every day you bump into someone and they tell you they own you,... let alone bump into a king. 

Now that I think about, I can kind of believe he's a king because of the way he was dressed, not even my family can afford things like that. 

I go up the hill where I can see my house already.

When I open the door, I see some people. 

"Oh! My lady, you are home." Margaret smiles sweetly at me while taking the groceries."Thank you so much, Lady HeeYoung."

"No problem Margaret. You know me, I love to have excuses to get out of the house." I giggle softly.

I get out of the kitchen with a wide smile. 

Margaret is my second mother, she has been taking care of me and my brother ever since we were in the womb. She is the most loyal maid we have... actually, she is more than a maid, she slowly has become a vital part of our family. I can not imagine a life without her, I don't want to; I need someone to hold me every time I cry, I need a best friend besides my mom, someone who can show me how to clean the house, cook and know how to choose the best groceries for the family and Margaret does that.
My mom has never had to do any of that, everything has been given to her since her birth. I want to learn all this because I love taking care of my family, I love to know they are enjoying meals I have prepared by myself, their smiles fill me of joy every time they enjoy something I made.

I go upstairs. I walk to the music room where my boyfriend is waiting for me. I enter the room to find the piano ready for me. I sit down displaying music sheets, I look at them deciding which one I want to play first. I decide on a typical piece by Mozart. 

The piano can be heard in the entire mansion because I'm playing loud. The door opens but I ignore it, I continue to play normally.

Once I'm done practicing, I turn to look at my older brother with a big smile on his face.

"You are so talented, did you know that?" I giggle.

"You are just saying that because I'm your sister."

"Oh, truth me, if you were bad I would tell you." We both laugh until someone else opens the door.

"My Lady, your parents are asking for your presence in the living room," Margaret said afraid, she looked pale and terrified.

I gulp down scared. I get out of the music room with James following me. 

When I get to the threshold of the door,  I see him, again. I go into the room taking a deep breath. Did I make the king really mad?  My knees start to shake a little but I'm able to control it.

"Sweety." My mom says with a terrifying fake smile, she's trying to act normal in front of this king. "King Yoongi is here to take you with him." Mom's eyes get teary, my heart hurts at the sight.

"What?" James asks walking further into the room."He can not just take her like that! You guys said we would be able to marry whoever we want!" James raises his voice a little bit to our parents.

I look at my brother with widened eyes.

"James please do not do this," Mom says with almost a broken voice.

I see my dad in the corner, his hands, and turned into fists. He looks really angry. 

What is happening?

"I will take her with me in good terms or bad terms, either one works with me." King Yoongi says with the coldest tone I have ever heard. "Your parents are smart, they have decided to accept my offer for their daughter." James' face turns red in anger, he's about to say something but I cut him off.

"I will go with him..." James looks at me with disbelief. My parents look really hurt. "I do not want to find out what the consequences would be, let's do this the easy way..." I trailed off down with teary eyes.

I remember what he said to me earlier... I own you. I thought he was just a rich mad man, it never crossed through my head that he would actually come for me.

"I see that your little sister is way smarter than you boy," Yoongi says with a smirk.

I touch James' shoulder to calm him down. I walk towards the King and bow. 

I don't know what he wants from me, I don't even know where he is from. All I know is that this is the last time I get to see my parents.

King Yoongi gets out of the house with me following him. I look behind to my family one more time. I give them a sad smile. Everyone is crying silently, wanting to run to me. 

I turn around, lifting my chin up to make honor to the name and title that was given to me at birth.

Lady HeeYoung Joseon, member of the Joseon Dynasty.

=====A/N- Hello! Thanks for reading! I'm going to update the story in a couple of days so please add this story to your library

=====
A/N- Hello! Thanks for reading! I'm going to update the story in a couple of days so please add this story to your library.

😗😗😗💜💜💜