𝟑𝟕.

CHAPTER 37.| ROUGE
Whispers of heavenly death.

| ROUGEWhispers of heavenly death

____

The speeder bikes raced towards the entrance of Nevarro seeing it guarded by stormtroopers. Arsyn held onto Shaye's waist getting ready to fight. A voice came through the come link that IG had. She recognized the voice trying to call out for their fallen friend.

"Kuiil has been terminated." He answered the call.

"What did you do?" Din yelled.

"I am fulfilling my base function."

"Which is?"

He glanced at the warriors, then at the smiling child "To nurse and protect."

Arsyn gave a firm nod at IG "Take care of my kid."

Arsyn was now back-to-back with Shaye connecting a wire onto the speeder blasting the stormtroopers they passed. It was a joyride trying to keep herself balanced from Shaye's driving trying to dodge the blast to those who fired back.

In the last few seconds, she would glance at IG seeing the child's ears wave and the cheerful smile from the rapid wind. She was glad to see him smiling so wide.

The closer they got the more troopers they saw bombarding the cantina. Shaye created a shield covering the four of them. Arsyn disconnected herself and they all jumped off the speeders letting them crash and explode.

Everything happened so fast. At first, it was calm and then everything came hurtling together. The visuals were almost a blur, she couldn't even see past from the person who stood in her way of the chaos. It was almost like it was meant to go full circle and come together for one last reunion.

It reminded her of her nightmare. She just didn't realize how it would all go down on Nevarro. At least she had the people she trusted around.

"Looks like we'll be ending this together, Alpha"

That sentence that had been haunting her to this day was finally spoken in reality. Arsyn pulled her swords harshly hearing them sing.

Talía smiled, the two finally settled this. Arsyn wasn't going to hold back, Talía had planned to kill all of them and she didn't need to know that hesitation wasn't the move.

Cara had spotted their arrival letting the heat back off, she watched as Arsyn and Talía fought, the only problem was the stormtroopers were getting involved.

Din had gone up seeing Cara's expression; Nova. She had a shield behind her and from where he stood he saw the scarlet wrapped around her emerald orbs.

Arsyn held her position feeling the pressure Talía pressed onto her swords. She grunted feeling her feet press harder in the rocks. "We are going to end you, and when I do, I'm going to end all of them, everybody that you love" Talía spat.

Arsyn gave a yell and pushed her away taking a running start only to feel a weird force push her back. Her sabers had gotten caught into the ground both landing up, points buried into the dirt.

Talía stalked her prey spotting the male with mercury drip from his hands. "Don't think you're the only one who has a Nysn to defend them—I pray for you Alpha"

"Save your prayers for someone who actually needs them" A growing ball of scarlet energy was tossed towards the rouge Nysn sending him harshly towards the hordes of troopers.

Arsyn continued her fight using her powers, pushing the weapon away from her. She hoped to reach her sabers but every time she did Talía would cut her off.

Shaye teleported inside the cantina where the stormtroopers had broken into. She had taken out most of the troopers having Cara fight alongside her, this was definitely much that she had anticipated but she wouldn't back down.

Shaye and Cara would teleport around to the place they needed to cover. It was a weird feeling that Cara felt whenever Shaye did so.

Talía grabbed Maeve's old saber seeing the blade turn off as the silver had gone into ashes, the wind carrying it away. She clutched the remaining hilt and broke it, tossing it to the ground.

Arsyn stared at it, feeling a rush of anger course through, and object that had seen war till today. The disrespect of a fallen warrior.

"Useless. Just like the rest of your extinct people" Arsyn tried to push off the Nysn who had concealed her with its mercury, she had begun to breathe more heavily.

"Look around you alpha, you lost. Join me and I might spare your lover." Talía gestures towards Din who shot down the troopers, but it was pulling in on him. "I can give you what you want" Arsyn didn't look at her "A cure."

Arsyn eyes moved to face Talía making her gasped acting surprised.

"You have a few seconds until you're consumed." Talía gave her a one-up, why kill all the other Nysn except for the two? She could've had an army full of powerful creatures and yet she only had one.

Unless. Arsyn closed her eyes and tried to fight this off, he was the key to her cure, she should've known. He didn't feel like the way Shaye did, he was human and he knew where it was. Shaye was right.

Arsyn's breath became harder as she pushed her arms feeling them almost slipping out, her face glowed showing her veins, her eyes sprung open as she broke free sending a wave.

She lifted the broken saber letting it build except it linger held a flame, it was a crystal, it's hilt made of full metal.

She turned towards Talía seeing her scramble away. Shaye created a portal in front of Talía as she stepped through pushing her back towards Arsyns feet. "Wait, you don't know about the cure, I know it— I know where you can find it, everything."

Arsyn pulled Talía up with a gesture "We'll figure something out."

The deed was done. The mystery male groaned, clinging onto his head. He glanced around the chaos confused as to how he got there. "Take him. He's human alright." Arsyn informed as Shaye teleports him inside the Cantina.

It was only a matter of time this would be over and they would all be safe. Free from running.

She fought her way towards Din who stared down Moff Gideon. An explosion erupted sending Arsyn back a few steps, she felt the heat and stared back to the spot she last saw him.

She froze—"Din!"