News And Talks

"My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways
Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life
Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made, oh
And it haunts me every time I close my
eyes"

Noelle

He is doing it on purpose.

Why does he keep glancing at me?

We are sitting in the living room after Anne had fed me with a large plate of roast and potatoes, she suggested we could drink a brew sitting around the fireplace.

So here we are: dad is on the armchair while Anne, Gemma and Mae are sitting on one sofa, this leaves me and Harry seated near each other on the other.

Why is so damn hot in here?

I keep my gaze on the three women in front of me, trying to listen to what they are talking about but I can't seem to focus.

I'm sweating. Great.

"It's so nice to have all our kids at home, don't you think Jim?" Anne asks my dad sipping at her brew and watching me and his son.

"Absolutely, it's been what? Nearly two years since we got those two together?" my dad responds glancing at us. "It's like old times"

"Yay" I whisper to myself, or so I thought because again, Harry's gaze is on me, and with the corner of my eyes I see the sad look he gives me.

Not my problem.

The conversation keeps going I nod and respond to the questions they ask me.

How is New York?

How was filming the show?

How was the flight?

I snorted at this one, telling them about Sally, at the situation with my luggage. Gemma was sweet enough to offer me some of her clothes she has here.
I have some of my own at home, but they are old clothes, not something I wear on a daily basis.

How long are you staying?

Well...

I start telling them about my plan, how I want to celebrate my birthday here next week and then go to London with the intent to open my own restaurant... Well mine and Carter's restaurant.
And I could do it if my sister didn't interrupt me with one question that has me spit my tea all over the place.

"So Thomas and Carter will be here next week?"

Everything happens in slow motion, one minute I'm sipping my brew, the next I'm spitting it on myself.

"Who are they?"

This is exactly what I wanted to avoid.

Harry is completely turned in my direction now, this is the first time tonight I hear his voice other than when he greeted me, he was rather silent and kept for himself most of the night. Now he is looking for an answer while I wipe myself. Everyone eyes are on us, my dad looks amused by my reaction, the others seem concerned.