Chapter 49: Mistake

Jieun Pov

I couldn't reply to her yet when she told me about her idea. Not because I'm against it, but rather I didn't expect her to suggest that?, I mean getting married is one thing but being a parent is another thing. Does Lisa have always been this eager to have her own family?

Then I remember what she said to chief Jung about getting me pregnant? Which causes my mouth to fell open, w-wasn't it, just annoy our Jung ahjussi? Was she ever serious about it?

I felt a sudden rush of blood, warming my cheeks. As I look at Lisa with wide eyes.

"D-don't you like my i-idea? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said-" Lisa asked looking anxious.

I reached for her arm and shook my head. "Ani~"

I bit my lip, and look away from her before I replied. "I-I want it."

My face scrunches as I found my answer a bit out of the subject.

"You want it? Do you mean you agree with adopting them after our marriage?"

She asked, clarifying my answer, I chuckled awkwardly as I nod at her.

Lisa's smile grew wide before she pulls me for a tight hug. "Thank you, I almost had a panic when I thought you're not ok with it."

She said that made me curious, I pushed her body slightly as I cocked my head to look at her with worries. "Why would you have a panic?"

I saw her swallow a lump while she let go of me. Then I notice her cheeks flushed. "I uhm, I- ah, it's nothing. I- was just worrying about the kids.", she reasoned out, scratching her nape. My eyes narrowed looking at her suspiciously, the way she can't look straight into my eyes is telling me that there's another reason for her to say that.

But I will let it pass because I already have an idea why would she panic. And like her, I feel a little awkward talking about it. And besides its too early to have that topic.

So after settling all the needs of these two kids, and since they're still sleeping Lisa and I decided to leave the hospital for a while and come back this evening after work.

When we got outside the hospital building, Lisa suddenly stopped at her pace before we even get to her car.

"Sunbae."

Lisa spun and eyed me with a straight face, so I don't have any idea what's the reason for her stopping in the middle of her walk.

"Hmm?"

Lisa didn't say anything, but to my surprise, she strides back towards me and cupped my jaw with both her hands and pulled me for a kiss. My eyes widened, as it took me off guard.

I lost all words and totally went blank after she let go of me

"Sorry if I startled you, I just can't help it."