Chapter 05

"What do you got there, Hooper?" Asked one of the twins which I guess was George, poitning at the peculiar note I had just received.

In those hours I had spent with them, I came to realize that George's nose was slightly more crooked and his smile a little different than Fred's, which made it a tiny bit easier to tell them apart, if you were to observe it better.

"Nothing." I muttered in response, tossing the small piece of paper in my robe's pocket.

Even with all the delicious looking food before me, I still found my mind wondering over what the sorting hat had said, or what Albus Dumbledore wanted to talk to me about.

     I repeated what the sorting hay had said in my head again and again, but it just didn't make sense. "It's amusing how you won't let yourself believe that this is reality. You're so convinced that you're dreaming. But if you are really here to change the timelines to come in the further... then perhaps I should play my part as well."

    When the feast was finally over, Dumbledore caught the attention of everyone to remind them of the things that were banned this year. But soon chaos fell upon the Great Hall when he said,

     "It is also my painful duty to announce you that the inter-house Quidditch Cup will not take place this year." and with that, the whole Great Hall broke into gasps and murmurs. "This is due to an event that will be starting in October. I have great pleasure announcing that this year at Hogwarts–"

     But before he could go any further, because with a great ramble, the doors to the Great Hall opened with a bang, and in came a man, his face scarred and his legs limping.

    It wouldn't take a genius to know who this was: Alastor Moody.

    Of course, I took a secret pride in knowing who he actually was, even though the most powerful wizard in the world, who was now shaking hands with Mad-eye Moody, didn't know it either.

     "May I introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?" Dumbledore said with delight through the silence. "Professor Moody." I scoffed to myself as I watched Ron going on about what he had heard of him.

     Dumbledore then cleared his throat. "As I was saying, we are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming month. It is my great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."

     "You are JOKING!" said Fred loudly, acting shocked and surprised, but then sending a wink at my direction.

     "I am not joking, Mr. Weasley." And so, Dumbledore went on, telling the whole school about the detail. The moment he told them about the fact that you had to be of age to be able to compete, bellows rose from everyone, the loudest belonging to Fred and George Weasley who had their hopes up all this time.

     When the speech was finally over, everyone stood up to make their ways towards the dormitory, first years following the Prefects.

     "They can't do that!" said George, as we all joined the crowd moving toward the door. "We're seventeen in April! Why can't we have a shot?"

     "They're not stopping me entering," said Fred stubbornly, glaring at Dumbledore along with George. "The champions will get to do all sorts of stuff you'd never be allowed to do normally. And a thousand Galleons prize money!"

    "Come on," said Hermione, "we'll be the only one left here if you don't move."

    "Who's this impartial judge who's going to decide who the champions are?" said Harry, oblivious of his terrible fate in the game.

     "Dunno," said Fred, "but it's them we'll have to fool."

     "Why don't you try a few drops of Aging Potion?" I suggested with a grin. They were going to come up with it anyway; might as well help them get there quicker.

     "Excellent Idea!"

     "My thoughts, exactly!"

   The twins said at the same time.

     "By the way," I started, "Can you tell me where can I get to the West Tower?" I asked.

     "You just have to take that marble staircase, over there." said Harry, pointing at the direction.

     "Thanks," I smiled. "See you later, then."

***

Finding the gargoyle statue on the seventh floor took longer than I had expected, even though I once claimed to know Hogwarts like the back of my hands if I ever got there. The castle was bigger than I could've ever imagined, with hundreds of trick stairs, fake walls, and secret passageways. But at last, I managed to find the gargoyle statue. All I had to do now was to guess the password.

     "Lemon Drop." I tried, but failed miserably, as the statue stayed still. Thinking a bit more, I finally blurted our, "Cockroach Cluster," and to my great delight, the gargoyle came to life and showed a hidden staircase up to Dumbledore's office.

    With a proud smile on my face, I took the staircases up and came by the door, knocking.

     A kind and gentle voice came from inside, saying, "Come in."

     Pushing open the door, I walked inside, but where I was expecting to find Dumbledore alone, instead I came upon a unexpected sight.

     All the professors were standing there, from Professor Sprout and Flitwick, to Professor McGonagall, Snape and weirdly enough, Mad-eye Moody, all of their eyes glued on me.

     "Ah, if it isn't my favorite Muggle!" said Dumbledore in delight.