Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Kristen fumbled through my suitcase and pulled out another dress.

“How about the red one?” She asked.

I eyed the low cut dress up and down before tossing it aside as well. Why did I even bring that one? It’s not like I was planning on going out anywhere dressed like that.

“To desperate.” I stated.

“Then why did you bring it?” She asked.

“I don’t know, I just packed a bunch of stuff and left. I was really nervous about this.” I answered.

She sighed and turned back to my suitcase and pulled out the last garments of clothing I had inside of it. Finding it was my Khakis and white top I knew then that’s what I would end up choosing. It was one of my better outfits.

“That one.” I said taking a sip of wine and pointing to it.

“How much more are you going to drink?” She asked. “You’ve almost drank half the bottle.”

“I know but it calms my nerves.” I stated.

“You two were friends for four years just talk to him like you always did. No need to be nervous.” She said.

I stood up from the edge of the bed and took the outfit from her. “Exactly, we were friends. Now we are married.”

“Well…” She paused. “Then just pretend like it never happened and you are just visiting him after so long apart.”

I sighed wishing I could do that but sadly this marriage was the only thing on my mind and I’m sure it’s the same for Nathan who keeps rejecting our divorce. I’m still wondering what that’s all about.

“Go put that on and we’ll go from there.” She said eyeing the clothes in my hand.

I nodded my head and walked to the bathroom to change.

Lucky for me there was a huge full length mirror in the room for me to see exactly how I looked. Hopefully this would be good enough for my now extremely successful and good looking ex best friend whom I ditched the day after our wedding.

I sized myself up in the mirror taking myself in. I suppose this would work, I’ll just have to wear my black heels I can barely walk in with it.

“Good choice.” Kristen said from the doorway.

“You think?”

“Uh yeah.” She replied in the most obvious tone.

I looked at myself once more before exiting the bathroom and back to my room. I picked the black heels up from the floor and slipped them on while balancing myself a chair.

Kristen stood in front of me and looked at me approvingly then pulled out her phone. “I made the appointment for an hour from now. We better get going before we end up late.”

I shook my head as I spoke. “I still don’t understand why you have to make an appointment with family.”

“Because he stays busy now and I knew it was the only definite way to get a meeting with him.” She explained.

“Why did you just call him?” I asked.

“Because he never keeps his phone on him in meetings and he’s been in them all day.” She replied.

Wow I guess he really is a busy person. I wonder if that’s why he hasn’t responded to the papers. Well…no, that can’t be it or else he wouldn’t have returned them either. I’ll have to get to the bottom of it when I see him again.