43. aunts boy

Chapter 43 — aunts boy

Josh has absolutely no idea what he was thinking when he took off in his bicycle. In his haste to leave he forgot to take his car keys, and he remembered that his phone was still in his room. He could always walk but he just had no patience for it at the particular time and fortunately the garage door wasn't locked. And so, he heads in, takes his bicycle and rides it with only one destination in mind.

However as soon as he arrives there, he panics, his mind immediately delving into overdrive.

He is in front of Elliot's aunt's house. The only person he wants to see right then was Elliot. He is in such a frenzied state, he just wants his boyfriend to hold him and tell him everything would be alright. The need to see him is so overwhelming, it scares Josh. What was he thinking showing up without even saying anything? What would that make him look like?

He paces back and forth in their front lawn for a few minutes; if anyone could see him right then, they would think he was a lunatic. He stops and then wills his brain to stop overworking itself too — the latter doesn't prove to be much effective. He is there to see his boyfriend — clear and simple, there is nothing wrong in that.

He takes a few steps towards their porch and then halts again. A few more minutes of waiting won't hurt, Josh decides. Maybe Elliot would come out himself or see Josh through one of the windows, looking totally not maniacal.

However, it isn't Elliot who spots him.

"You know you could always come in,"

Josh stops mid-step and turns around grimacing — it is one of his aunts, Jules, if he isn't mistaken. It probably only makes him look like more of an idiot but the blond looks around him anyway, as if there were someone else she was talking to. Of course there is no one else.

"Hi," Josh waves awkwardly and walks up until he is only standing a few steps away from her.

It is Jules — he recognises her from the pictures Elliot had shown him. Jules is a medium-height woman, sandy brown hair that reaches just below her shoulders, round friendly face. She is standing on the porch, hugging her arms tightly around her from the chilly weather — the wind is blowing softly, adding to the coldness of the temperature.

"What are you doing out here?" she doesn't sound angry or bothered, just a little bit amused.

"I'm sorry," Josh scratches the back of his neck, "I just.... I didn't mean to disturb you guys,"

"Nonsense," she dismisses his comment and then enters her house and beckons Josh to enter, "Come on in now,"

"Oh no, it's okay. Can you please tell Elliot I'm here and that I wan– would like to see him?"

"It's freezing out there. Just step in for a minute, warm yourself up. And don't worry we're not going to stop you from seeing your boyfriend,"

Josh blushes a deep red — he blames the weather for it, he nods and steps into the house, welcoming the warm immediately. He feels a soft nudge on his leg and a laugh bubbles up his throat when he sees that it is Crystal, their pet dog. He bends down to pet it and it abruptly lied flat on its back, wanting it's tummy to be rubbed.

"Oh she loves you," Elliot's another aunt, Garcia joins them and smiles at him, "Good to see you again, Josh,"

Garcia seems to be a bit taller and leaner than Jules, but possesses the same friendly aura as her girlfriend. According to Elliot, both the women have been together for almost twenty years now, but haven't tied the knot yet.

"Well she's not the only one," Jules comments absent-mindedly.

It doesn't take long for the blond to figure out her subtle implication, he starts coughing. God, relax Josh. Maybe she is only joking, he tells himself, joke yes. However, his brain can't help but linger over the small word that holds such a massive meaning.