31» That Dread

Grace's POV
« NOW »

I stepped away from Luca almost abruptly as another loud bang came from the door.

"Who is it?" Unfortunately for me, my nose turned extra red when I cried like such, leaving behind a faint ache in my forehead. And I was probably looking like a blotchy mess right now.

Luca's gaze lingered on my face for few more seconds before he backed away, walking out of the bathroom. I silently followed behind him.

The knocking got louder and the door knob was rattling like crazy. Few more knocks and I was sure this door would break down.

"Lucius Jackson! Open the door!" Someone yelled from behind the door. "We know you're in here! Hiding won't do much good this time."

I didn't know who it was. All I knew was that the person -or maybe more than one person- behind the door was angry. Really angry.

Luca walked ahead towards the door. As he neared towards it, I opened my mouth to stop him. Almost. But instead of opening it, he looked over from the peephole.

I frowned at that.

He pulled back before groaning in frustration. "Fuck."

Another bang on the door almost made me jump up in my position.

Luca looked at me pointedly. "This is what happens when you say fuck you to Chase Denver."

Oh well.

Without waiting for me to respond, he went over towards our bags. "We need to leave. Right this second."

"Can't we confront him?" I asked, copying his actions and stuffing my things in my bag. As quickly as I could've.

I noticed him giving me a really bad look at that. "Him? There's not just one person behind that door, Rose."

I was busy zipping up my bag and putting on my sneakers when another loud slam came from the door. I looked up at Luca frantically who had moved over towards the window now, opening it up and looking outside.

"It's not that high." He murmured before looking at me. "Come on."

Making sure we hadn't left anything behind, I went towards him, looking out of the window. It was high, in my opinion, but I didn't say anything.

Luca motioned at me to slip out of the large enough window, over towards the small balcony.

Without wasting any second, I swung my legs over the window and slipped outside. Soon after, Luca joined me. I found myself glancing back inside our room towards the door. I could hear faint shouts of Chase's men and I was so sure that door would be breaking down any second now.

"Jump when I tell you to jump, okay?" Luca spoke up before throwing both of our bags down from the railing on the almost empty street below. Almost immediately, he gripped the railing before swinging his legs over it. And before I could've tried to stop him, he jumped down.

I would've looked down where he had jumped off to but at that exact moment, I heard a loud thud back from inside our room. Glancing behind my shoulder, I was a little surprised to see the door flung open. Probably broken.