Four

Send help
Grammar check me plz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Milo was standing outside his mother's house with all his belongings. Looking up at the house Milo grew up in, he felt an ounce of nostalgia.

He couldn't believe that his dad would do this. Al knows that Milo would have to quit his job but apparently he didn't care. He really just put me out...wow

Milo's mom, Candace, already sent him through the rundown. She got him a car, his room is ready, and he has a job at her business office. They've probably been planning this for forever.

He made his way towards the front door knocking when getting close. The butler, Alistair, swings the door open formally and bows for Milo to come in.

Awkwardly walking into the house, Candace greets him coming down the hallway while Alistair brings in his luggage. This'll take some time to get used to.

"Milo, this is going to be so much fun!" Candace says hugging him. He returns the hug immediately because they don't have a lot of hugs. Being away from his mom takes a toll, something not everyone understands.

Candace is the complete opposite of my dad, she doesn't get with men half her age. Milo gets pulled upstairs after the hug. Basically tripping over his feet trying to keep up with her.

His mother's house is enormous and it'll probably take long for Milo to memorize it. Milo was astonished at the room he was led to. It was for a male and his dad's whole apartment in one room.

"Welcome to your new room," his mom smiled at him. Her beautiful blue eyes brightening at the look on his face. Candace has worked so hard just for Milo to have a better life.

Milo felt the need to explore more of his soon to be sanctuary. The closet was set up in the weirdest way. You have to shift the doors and move racks down, too much for Milo to handle.

He would definitely spend his precious time in his gorgeous en-suite bathroom.

"I love it mom, thank you." says Milo with one of his biggest smiles. Candace returns it and scurries away to let Milo unpack. He wouldn't believe what was in store for him.

Milo finally found his mom in one of her many living rooms. I could've sworn I just passed this place. He slumped on the couch, tired from walking the whole house. Candace chuckled but otherwise said nothing.

"So tell me how you've been," Candace started, "like how you've really been." Milo sits up properly and considers all that has happened. Should I tell her how stressful it's been? She'd kill my dad if she knew. He snorts out loud but recovers to answer.

"I'm great actually...although my only friends are in the center of town." Milo tried not to look sad about it. Ashley and Silvio have been his friends since his dad moved, they've obviously helped him through hard times.

"You know you can always drive and meet them," she added, "Is driving something you know how to do?" Candace looked anxious but Milo could see the amusement in her eyes.

"Yes is it, I'm not twelve."

They burst out laughing, Milo wheezing so hard he falls off the couch. Which makes them laugh even harder. Boy have I missed these times tremendously.

After everything calms down, Candace seems to not be done with her questioning.

"Any boyfriends?"

Milo's face flushed red as he stares shockingly at his mother. Did this- He seems too frazzled to reply. "I-I don't want to talk about this...I'm going for a walk." rushing out of the living room does Milo say this.

He walks through corridors thinking about what his mom asked. Should I go looking for a boyfriend? No one would ever want a skinny noob like me. See I even think the word "noob", I'm so lame.

Alistair comes out of no where almost scaring the shi-stuff out of Milo. His blank stare makes Milo want to crawl into a ball. Milo doesn't make eye contact, slightly fearful around a mildly dominant person.

"Would like some assistance to the front door?" Alistair's posh voice bellows in the empty hallway. A nod is his reply before he walks off automatically thinking Milo will follow.

Milo has to speed walk to keep up with Alistair's large strides. His classic shoes tapping on the hardwood floors with little small quick pats in the background. Never thought I'd have a butler anytime soon, especially a mid-age one.

By the time Alistair has the door open, Milo is just now making it. To say he was out of breathe was the least. He's stopped on his way out the door.

"If you get lost, call this number." Alistair hands him a card with the residence on it. Milo whispers a small "thank you" and walks down the drive way.

Passing so many huge houses, Milo promised himself to stay humble. I didn't have all this yesterday. I basically came from the non-violent ghetto of this place. People th-

"Hey kid, are you lost?" Milo turned around to see an Hispanic lady who looked in her twenties. I must really seem like I don't belong here.

Milo answers, "No I'm not," and points to the house. She looked surprised but masked it. "Um well what's your name?" Milo told her very hesitantly.

She told Milo her name and they stood in an awkward silence. "I'll see you around Milo, let me give you my number." The switch is one way and you can tell Milo doesn't feel comfortable.

"See you around Milo"

"Thank you Katelyn."