Friendzoned: Midna x Reader

"Did that... really happen?" I asked myself. She had really just done that. What a fool I was.

Midna, my best friend, was so kind to me, and I felt so comfortable with her. Thinking about her made me blush, and I couldn't stop. I guess you could say I have a huge crush on her, but I would never tell her that!

Or I never would've...

~Yesterday Afternoon~

"Oh, Midna! It is a lovely day, is it not?" I asked my friend. Ever since yesterday I had wanted to talk to her about my feelings. I had to, or else I would freak out.

"Y/N! It sure is a nice day!" She smiled at me. Even though she was a form of twilight, her smile would light up any room. She sure had quite the impact on me. I met her vivid sunset eyes, and it melted my heart.

"So... I wanted to talk to you about something..." I smiled awkwardly.

"What is it, my dear Y/N?"

She was just so sweet, it kills me. Would I ever get tired of that??

"Y/NNNNN! STOP STARING!!" Midna had snapped me out of thought, making me blush. I don't know why, but her voice was as sweet as candy, and her movements made her look like a graceful dancer. She made my heart glow up, and I just couldn't get my eyes off of her.

"I'm sorry Midna!" I laughed nervously. That was something I have to work on...

On the other hand, Midna laughed heartily. It sure made the tension in the air go away, and she made me laugh more.

"So... What was that thing you wanted to tell me?" Midna stopped laughing and fiddled with her hands. She was so cute, it made me smile. Once I realized I was silent for a while, I stopped thinking.

"Oh! Well, I wanted to tell you-"

"Midna!" A voice called out to my crush, interrupting me. Midna and I both turned around to face a blonde haired boy running our way.

"Oh! was I interrupting anything?" The boy spoke with a kind tone. When I saw Midna's expression, it made me more interested in the boy. When he came, Midna's act got brighter, and more excited. Her smile was like crystals gleaming in the sun. It made me frown, to think that she could be happier with this boy.

"Link! Of course you weren't interrupting anything!" Now that, made me frown more. Of course this man was interrupting something, and Midna dismissed the fact that I was about to tell her about my feelings.

"Oh okay then! Well I wanted to ask you something." Link scratched his neck. He was hiding something, I could definitely tell. But Midna smiled even more.

"Yes?! What do you want to tell me?" She leaned closer to him.

"Well I uh- I kinda wanted to ask you- I mean- will you uh.. Will you come to the lake in a few minutes? I want to talk privately about something..." Link was a stuttering mess, and I knew something was up.

"Of- Of course Link! I will be there immediately, I just need a minute with Y/N here." She smiled.

"Alrighty then, I shall see you there." Link spun around and walked away.

Midna waved to him, then faced me. "Isn't Link just so AMAZING?! I actually wanted to talk to you about this... I kind of have feelings for Link."

My heart stopped. Midna, my love, had feelings for... someone else? My eyes widened, but I played it off.

"Really? I d-didn't know that!" My mouth was wide open, and I think a bug flew into it.

"Yes! But, enough about that, what did you want to tell me?" Her expression got serious.

"What.. do you think of me as?" I changed my question, but only for curiosity.

"Um... Well to me, I think of you as my best friend. Like, my BEST FRIEND. And also, like a super close sibling." She hugged you. "And I hope that doesn't change."

I had to try my best not to burst into tears when she said that.

"Yeah... okay. Well-you should prob- you should go t-to... Link." I stammered.

"Uh... If you say so... G-Goodbye!" She giggled, then ran off to where Link was. When she was out of sight, I burst into tears. Midna had feelings toward someone else... Someone else...

I suddenly thought of all of the memories I had with her. Like when we would play around and prank the idiots of the village. And also the times where I would stay up and climb to the top of my roof with her, then watch the moon. My favorite time was when Midna had showed me her true form. She was so gorgeous, and I was speechless.

Now I can't feel what I wanted most from her. She wanted to do that with someone else.

I couldn't change her mind, of course. Although I was heart broken, I had decided what to do.

I had to let her go.