28. mine

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

EVAN WOLFE

The journey to Caleb's house was painful, my anxiety was erupting in my stomach like I've never experienced before. I attempted to keep my breathing quiet as I kept skipping breaths. I notice that Ava glances over at me a few times to check that I'm okay, she offers a small smile each time and it makes me feel somewhat calmer.

But in reality my head felt like a whirlwind.

My vision swirled the closer we got to their house, nausea creeping up my throat and making me feel like I was going to throw up everywhere. My fists clench letting my finger nails dig into my palms, the sharpness almost distracting me.

When we pull up I let my hands go and reveal moon shaped prints in my palms, red and sore. Fuck. I curse in my head.

My hands shake as I open the car door and trail behind everyone else up to the front door. I felt like I was pulling a thousand kilos of cement behind me, every step harder than the last. I didn't want to be here, I just wanted to be alone. I couldn't bare to see him right now everything was too raw for my emotions and mental state.

When we get through the door Caleb and his pack are standing in the kitchen, a buzz of conversation amongst them.

The second my eyes lay on Caleb I stop right in my tracks and my breath gets caught in my throat. He was wearing a black shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His perfectly inked skin on show and his muscular body carved through the fabric.

Ava places her hand on my back which makes me jump, she smiles at me. "You okay?" She asks gently.

I swallow harshly and nod at her words. "I guess," I breathe out.

Her fingers wrap around my arm and she squeezes softly. "I got you," she whispers back.

I nod again and my eyes dart to the floor, I can hear Caleb's pack greet ours. Jaxon's laugher booms through the room as he says hello to Caleb, I can barely look at them.

Ava doesn't leave my side which comforts me and mentally I'm extremely grateful.

Chatter continues for a few moments and I force smiles at everyone to not seem rude. I don't dare say a word because I'm not sure what would come out my mouth, so I just stay silent.

"Okay thanks for coming guys," Caleb's voice echoes through the kitchen, my body shudders and Ava notices.

I can't look at her, I can't look at anyone. My bottom lip slips in between my teeth and I bite down.

"You're probably wondering why I needed you all here," he starts. "But I need to tell you all something."

I felt sick again. A million scenarios run through my head. He's probably going to say that he's got to move their pack away because of his dad, or that his dads arranged for him to marry someone. Fuck. My heart shatters in my chest.

I knew I told him I needed time but if he was going to tell everyone he's found someone then I was going to die inside. My eyes rim with tears and I try so hard to not let them fall.