Chapter 2: Jax

"Who is Jax?" Master Windu repeated sternly.

You and Anakin had used pen names when you wrote your letters in case anyone got a hold of them, and Anakin's pen name was 'Jax'.

You took a deep breath and responded as calmly as you could.

"He is a character in a story that I am writing. I felt that if I immersed myself in the story, maybe I would be able to write a more interesting book."

The whole room was silent for what seemed like hours.

"You must think we are fools." Windu said with a scowl. "Do not lie to us."

Shit. There is no way you can get out of this. They know. But they don't know that Anakin is your lover, and you'd rather die than take him down with you. You gotta come up with something fast.

You sighed, "Jax was a pilot that I met in the outer rim on my mission to Ryloth. We fell in love, and have been meeting in secret. We send letters to each other when we can't be together, to remind each other that we still love one another."

Master Windu was furious now, and had to take a deep breath to regain his composure.

"Stop. Lying. To. Us!" He took another deep breath, and continued. "If you tell us the truth, then we might consider not expelling you. If you do not tell us, then we will expel you from the Jedi order."

You closed your eyes, holding back tears. If you told them the truth, they might expel Anakin. That was just a risk that you didn't want to take. He shouldn't be expelled because of your carelessness. You just left that letter out in the open. What were you thinking? The only option that you saw was to let yourself be expelled. You and Anakin might still be able to figure things out, or you might have to let him go. The thought of that sent a shooting pain through your heart.

"I will never tell you who that letter was really for." You blurted out.

Master Windu sighed with frustration.

"Very well, turn in your lightsaber."

You placed your lightsaber in his outstretched hand and saw the disappointment in his face. He placed your lightsaber on his belt and began to speak once again.

"I never wanted to do this to you (Y/N), but you've given me no choice."

What was he talking about?

He closed his eyes and raised up his hands.

Suddenly, everything went black.