Chapter 47

A few days later Taehyung walked back inside the hospital wing, Taemin and Hoseok still the only two people who occupied the whole room whenever Jin wasn't there. Hoseok held Taemin's hand softly in his own while he made short eye contact with Taehyung, giving the blonde a short nod and a small smile. Taehyung almost immediately returned the favour before he walked up to the two boys, grabbing a small clipboard on his way there.

"I'm here to check his vitals, okay?" Taehyung whispered softly at Hoseok so the elder boy would know what Taehyung was here for and what was going to happen to his boyfriend. Hoseok gave Taehyung a small nod before he moved a little out of the way to give Taehyung more space, the younger instantly going to work.

Within a quick few minutes Taehyung had measured Taemin's vitals, writing them all down on his clipboard and concluding the boy was still in the clear. His vitals seemed normal for his situations and he didn't seem to be in any pain at the moment. Taehyung adjusted some of the cords that were attached to Taemin's body before he walked back up to Jin's office table and placed the clipboard back on it.

"I've always loved him, you know." Hoseok suddenly started to speak, grabbing Taehyung's attention immediately. Knowing he was the only person Hoseok could have spoken to Taehyung turned around, facing the elder with a raised eyebrow.

"The moment Taemin joined this organisation I had my eye on him, he's always been the prettiest boy I've ever laid eyes on......." A small tear dripped down Hoseok's cheek. "He's everything I have left, I've lost basically everybody along the way except for him."

Taehyung slowly walked up to Hoseok, taking place beside him while placing his hand softly on the elder's arm to show him some sort of support. He knew how Hoseok felt at the moment, he had experienced it himself when Jungkook got shot. Jungkook had also been the last person in Taehyung's life that meant something to him. It felt horrible to see that person in such a vulnerable position, not knowing if they would make it or not. Not knowing how they were gonna wake up and if you would ever have another moment with them. He knew how lonely it felt and he didn't wish that same feeling for Hoseok so he provided him with any kind of support he could offer at the moment. Sure Jungkook wasn't the only person in Taehyung's life anymore, he had all the other boys too now but he wasn't so sure if that was the case for Hoseok. The boys loyalty lay with Jungkook and as long as Jungkook saw Hoseok as a traitor the others would probably too.

Knowing he was probably the only one that spoke with Hoseok at the moment Taehyung gave the elder his full attention. Sometimes it could help to speak your mind and that's exactly what he was planning to let Hoseok do.

More tears started to flow from Hoseok's eyes and before Taehyung knew it the boy was full on sobbing in his arms. Somewhere within the little timespan Taehyung had wrapped his arms around the elder, trying to give him as much comfort as possible.

"I...I'm s..so scared to l..lose him." The elder sobbed softly against Taehyung's shoulder while Taehyung stroked his back to somewhat calm him down.

"You won't lose him, he's doing amazing. He will make it, trust me." Taehyung pushed Hoseok a little back, wiping Hoseok's cheeks with his fingers to get rid of the tears that dripped from the elder's eyes. "He's gonna be okay, don't worry."

A few more sobs left Hoseok's mouth before he slowly started to calm down, thanking Taehyung for his support while he grabbed Taemin's hand back in his own.   

"Tae....I'm sorry for what happened yesterday. I didn't know what to do and I took it all out on you......I'm really sorry, you did nothing wrong and I feel terrible about my behaviour." Hoseok softly whispered, his eyes focussed on a spot on the floor due to the shame he was feeling.

Taehyung placed his hand softly on Hoseok's back, rubbing it softly while he whispered a soft 'it's okay' Taehyung wasn't one to hold grudges and this time wouldn't be any different. Hoseok had acted out of emotion and there was no way Taehyung could ever blame him for that. We all do stupid things when our emotions take over.

Hoseok looked up at Taehyung for a short moment before he started to speak again. "I still can't believe I've know your brother, you are so different from him. You are an angel compared to him, it's hard to believe you two were related."

A soft silence fell almost instantly between the boys, Taehyung having no idea how to react to that statement. He always knew his brother wasn't a sweetheart but he had never suspected him of being part of a gang. Especially not a gang who dealt in both drugs and weapons.

"What Jungkook said wasn't true, you know." Hoseok suddenly started again. "I didn't kill your brother and I didn't frame you for the murder."

Taehyung looked up at Hoseok, his attention immediately focussed on the boy before him. "It's okay, you don't have to explain."

Hoseok instantly shook his head, turning his body a little to give Taehyung more of his attention. "I know, but I want to......I really didn't do it, I didn't even know you existed to be fair.......What Jungkook assumed yesterday was partly true though."

Taehyung's eyes widened a little before Hoseok continued on with his story, his eyes shortly on his boyfriend. A small smile fell over his face and he grabbed Taemin's hand a little harder. "As you know, your brother was the reason Taemin and Jungkook ended up in prison. I took Taemin's arrestation pretty hard, your brother had taken the person away from me who meant the world to me........... I couldn't let that go without punishment, I was so fucking angry and I needed to let it out on someone."

A soft sigh left his mouth, his eyes once again focussed on an empty spot on the floor. "I found your brother due to a tracker on his phone. I couldn't contain myself Tae, I really couldn't......We got in a fight, a big one."

A small tear dripped out of Hoseok's eye and before Taehyung really knew what was happening he had his arms wrapped around the elder again. "Shhh, it's okay...."

"It's not....W...We got in a fight, throwing punches towards each other. He got me good a few times, that's why I was all bloody and bruised up when I got back but I didn't kill him. Believe me I wanted to, but I...I couldn't do it...." More tears dripped out of Hoseok's eyes. " I really wanted to, but I just couldn't do it. I left him there....alive..........I've cried for hours in my car after that before I returned to the gang, knowing that my actions wouldn't get me Taemin back." Hoseok lifted his head back up, his eyes filled with tears while he looked shortly from Taemin to Taehyung.

"What Jungkook said was true, I did meet your brother that night but I didn't kill him. Besides I would never frame an innocent person for something I did, that's just not who I am. I would have rather been in prison myself with Taemin than sent someone else there."

Taehyung wrapped his arms a little tighter around Hoseok, he just knew the boy was speaking the truth. There wasn't any sign of any lies behind Hoseok's eyes. The boy looked almost like a hurt child in Taehyung's arms, a child who had lost everything that was dear to him and had acted out of anger towards the rest of the world.

"It's allright, Hobi. Don't worry about it too much, Taemin's your priority right now. You need to focus on him, he needs you right now."

A small smile fell on Hoseok's face while Taehyung looked with caring eyes at both boys before him.

____

A/N

Question of the week:
What is your best theorie about the plot of this story?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story and to get a little sneak peak of the next chapter.