𝐗𝐕

"SO, have you given anymore thought to our double date?" Connie hinted, letting Tom know that she had been serious when she'd asked about it the first time.

"Uh…yeah?" Tom stammered, knowing he'd been able to secure one.

"So we have one this weekend, then?" Connie batted her eyes at Tom.

"Well, not exactly."

"Tom," Connie's tone was warning.

"Only because I've been spending so much time planning something else." Tom quickly added.

"Go on, I'm listening." Connie crossed her arms over her chest and began to tap her foot impatiently.

"Remember I told you my parents are going on that cruise for a week?"

"Uh-huh?"

"So we'll have the whole house to ourselves for four weekdays and one weekend…"

"So?" Connie still wasn't impressed.

"So I thought we could have a party."

Suddenly Connie's face brightened and a smile burst forth. Tom exhaled in relief as she flung her arms around him.

"A party! Tom that's wonderful!" Loosening her grip on Tom , she began to tick off on her fingers who she would invite. "Wait a minute," she stood still suddenly, "is Nate going to be there? Because that changes everything."

"Why?"

"Why? Because it will be all about him and his baboon friends if he's there. Those guys he hangs out with are asses and I can imagine the horrible things they'll do to anyone smaller than them."

"Connie, if I want my brother to keep his mouth shut about me having a party, I can't ban him from coming."

"The weekend is long. You have your party on Friday and let him have his party on Saturday…while you're spending the night at my house."

Tom grinned. "I'll see what I can do."

"And I promise you won't be sorry."

"I bet you I won't," Tom said as he pulled Connie over to him and planted a kiss on her cheek. "And if you're inviting people, can you do me a favor?"

"What's that?"

"Can you invite Bree?"

"Bree? Why?"

"You want that double date, don't you?"

Jocelyn avoided the cutesy cuddling Tom and Connie were doing at the moment. Hoping they didn't see her, she hid behind the west wing of the building and watched students as they were milling about. She was looking for Rebecca when her eyes landed upon Bree. Her eyes' immediate response was to narrow in hatred. The muscles in her neck tensed as she grimaced at the sight of the girl she considered her rival…her enemy.

Just as Jocelyn was watching Bree enter the girls' bathroom, Connie bounced up in front of her face.

"There you are!" Connie said. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

"Come with me. I have to go to the bathroom," Jocelyn said suddenly, dragging Connie off towards the restroom.

"What? Why? You know I hate going in public restrooms unless it's absolutely necessary," Connie protested the entire way.

"Connie, you're starting to sound more like your mother every day." Jocelyn snapped.

"Hey! I resent that!" Connie spat back.