Part 29

Sweet NamJesus.

From the bottom of my heart...

Thank you.

By sending The Jeon Jungkook to me this morning,

For his caramel frappuccino...

You have blessed me more than I could ever deserve.

As if being enlightened by a higher power, you felt your mind leave the physical world, travelling across infinite planes of reality while time stood still around you.

Never before now had you considered yourself a spiritualist by any means,

But you could be...

For him...

If it meant experiencing the addictive, euphoric high of Jungkook's presence just one more time.

In the short minutes after Jungkook had left the cafe, your head still felt so high up in the clouds, but the after-effects of withdrawal quickly began to settle in.

Still completely paralyzed in your place, you tried to process what had just happened, but your mind was in complete and utter disbelief.

Was I dreaming?

Did I just black out?

If it weren't for Ji-eun vigorously shaking you back into reality, her high-pitched fan-girl squeals mirroring exactly how you were feeling on the inside, you might have fallen into total shock.

"Girl. Holy sh*t. That did NOT just happen!!" your best friend was now yelling straight into your face, unable to contain her ecstatic excitement any longer.

Feeling your eyes well up with tears from the overwhelming adrenaline that was now coursing through you, the raw emotions of meeting your idol in real life made you completely forget how to speak in that moment.

Jumping up and down, you did the only thing you could do in a time like this.

You screamed.

And pulled your best friend in for the most intense hug ever.

"W-What on earth happened in here?" Hana walked back into the kitchen after throwing the trash out earlier. She only needed to take one look at the pair of you to know that something was definitely up. "Did I miss something?"

Still trying to process exactly what had happened yourself, you were a little dumbfounded over how clued on Hana had suddenly become.

"W-We can't tell you," Ji-eun quickly stuttered out, remembering Jungkook's innocent favor of keeping his visit a secret.

Up until now, you never imagined a secret being so hard to keep, wanting to broadcast to the rest of the whole world that you met Jeon f*cking Jungkook.

But of course, as always, you were going to respect his privacy before anything else.

We owe him AT LEAST that much....

"Aww.. Why do I have to miss out on everything interesting that happens around here," Hana pouted, sulking back out of the kitchen to refill all of the garbage bags.

"Don't go hating the player, Hana. Hate the game!" Ji-eun spat out as she followed Hana out the kitchen, unrelenting from the promise she made.

Taking a deep breath out, you took this short moment of being alone to try and ground yourself.

Well sh*t.

Hands trembling slightly, you went for you phone that was laying beside the coffee machine, hoping a dosage of social media might be enough to distract you from spiraling any further into panic and withdrawal.