Chapter Sixty-Five: Stairs of Red

"The sun stopped shining for me is all

"The sun stopped shining for me is all. The whole story is: I am sad. I am sad all the time and the sadness is so heavy that I can't get away from it. Not ever."
― Nina LaCour

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I put one of my red velvet robes, over my pale jeans and t-shirt, as I haul my suitcase after me

I put one of my red velvet robes, over my pale jeans and t-shirt, as I haul my suitcase after me. I'd crammed so many damn things in that single suitcase it was so hard to move. I just had to be lazy, didn't I?

I was shoving the thing so hard, my head was whipping back and forth, my hair flinging like a lasso.

"Are you having a seizure?"

Tom's voice pierces through my ears, and I turn to glare at him.

"No. I'm not, but thanks for showing me you care." I tease him.

"Care? I wouldn't look twice at you even if you died the next second. I was curious why you were flailing around like an insane person."

"My suitcase weighs like three thousand pounds! That's why!!" I whine, trying to ignore the pinch in my heart at his harsh words.

"You didn't want to bring two suitcases, didn't you?" He muses, giving me an unimpressed look. I give him one of my own in response.

"Well, when you say it like that, I sound like an idiot!" I snap.

"Move." Someone says, pushing me to the side. The surprise makes my handle on my luggage go astray and the luggage slams into me, knocking me off my feet. I go tumbling down the stairs like an egg roll. The world rushes by in a blur, and the pain is coming with every thump my body makes. It goes by fast, yet slow with impacts coming and going. I feel my bones move in a way they shouldn't...jangled.

My movements are stopped, and I'm in Tom's arms. He'd apparated from the top of the stairs to catch me near the bottom.

My mouth is open in pain and surprise. He is crouched down, one of his arms under my legs and the other holding my head. I could tell my head was bleeding because his hand was covered in blood.