Chapter 21

There are two walkers roaming around in a road. One of the walkers notices something and turns around. It growls and starts walking towards what it sees. A bullet goes flying through its forehead and it drops dead. The other walker turns around and is shot dead as well.

Y/N runs over the walkers body with the shopping cart while running. The older girl is running beside him and the little one is sitting in the shopping cart. They are running from the horde of walkers chasing after them. The bad thing is that more walkers keep coming out from all directions and are adding to the horde.

Y/N: "Shit!"

He realizes he's getting tired from running and pushing the heavy cart.

Y/N: "You know? If you're gonna make me push you, can I at least know your names?"

??: "We don't have time for that now, maybe you should just ditch the cart." The older one says.

Y/N: "Not happening."

They keep running and the older girl is shooting down the walkers in front of them to clear a path for Y/N. No matter how many walkers she puts down more will just keep coming.

??: "Fuck! They don't stop."

Y/N: "That's what- nevermind. We need to lose them!"

He ducks under the arms of a walker that was lunging at him while running.

??: "If we keep going straight, there should be a bridge."

Y/N: "A bridge?"

Y/N thinks about his last experience on a bridge. Clementine almost died but he managed to save her in time. Tenn died because of his sister, Y/N tried saving him but it was too late. He shivers at the thought. He still feels uneasy about bridges but sees no other option.

Y/N: "Fine. To the bridge we go."

They continue running and ducking walkers as best as they can. They notice that the road they are running on is getting steeper as they run on it. Y/N eventually sees the bridge the girl was talking about.

??: "There it is!" She says pointing at it.

Y/N turns his head to look behind him and sees the large horde still trailing them with more walkers being added from the woods.

They reach the actual bridge and stop at the entrance. Y/N notices the platform of the bridge is made out of wood. He readies himself up before he decides to walk over the bridge.

??: "Scared of bridges?"

Y/N: "You have no idea."

He eventually takes his step onto the bridge while pushing the cart. They run through without a problem and Y/N manages to cross the entire bridge and get over to the other side with the cart. He turns around and sees the girl's foot fall into a hole in the wood which causes her to trip and fall.

??: "Isabel!"

The little girl screams from the cart. The walkers are already on the bridge and are slowly approaching the girl.

Y/N: "Shit!"

Y/N leaves the cart and runs over to the girl. He helps her get out of the hole and helps her stand up.

Y/N: "So your names Isabel?"

Isabel: "Shut up. Run."

They run back to the other side and turn to face the bridge. Some walkers are already close so Y/N pulls out his pistol and starts shooting the nearest walkers with the help of Isabel. They start backing up as the walkers are getting close.