Page 7 : Say something, I'm giving up on you

Aori's fingertips feel the thin hospital sheet draped over the redhead's cold body, she gazes at him through her soft, weary orbs in which crystals of tears start to well up. Her heart is throbbing, begging her nerves to register any slight movement from the bedridden boy lying in front of her.

But miracles won't happen just because Aori wishes for them to occur wholeheartedly, but maybe it is even that she doesn't wish for it wholeheartedly. It must be her feeling of guilt ordering her to act the way she does.

Because of her Seijuurou is injured, because of her he's now desperately fighting for his life and because of her the whole Akashi household has been put upside down.

So what is she doing in his chamber, waiting for him to wake up? Is she waiting for the judgement? For all the hateful glares she's going to receive once they're back home? What is keeping her still inside the ward?

She'll probably never know.

She strokes the back of Akashi's hand and dives into the soft mattress wish her forehead. She tries to cry, but the tears refuse to spill out of her eye sockets. She doesn't have the right to cry now. She has to stand strong against the world, the world which is going to hold twice as much grudge for her.

Will she never see her mother? Will she never be able to atone for her past mistakes regarding her friend, Kahu?

"You've caused enough trouble, Mizuru. Isn't that what you have always wanted? Then what are you waiting for, here's an opportunity, take it and leave!" The old maid hag weeps, gesturing the girl to the exit.

The raven-haired gal's fists shake and teeth grit, she tries her best not to fall on her knees and beg for forgiveness and permission to stay, she's forgotten that this old hag doesn't have the right to send her away.

Against Mizuru Aori every other servant's word is powerless. She gets once again reminded that she's Akashi Seijuurou's full time possession and that only he may order her around.

"I won't leave." She stands her ground, looking the maid in the eyes with determination written over her oval face. She storms towards the lobby and sits there in solitude for a while, thinking what an ungrateful, horrible person she was.

Deep inside she realizes it very well that more than anything else on the face of this earth she wishes to leave, to finally escape the suffocating hold of her master and spread her wings wide, let them take her away with the winds to the place she belongs. However, her fault has chained her to the bunk Seijuurou's now resting on and it won't break apart until she speaks to him, until she hears him say with his own words that he no longer wants her here.

Aori's body feels like it's being stabbed from all the possible directions, in every possible spot that remains on her petite body. It's the wrathful looks in the orbs of Akashi's servants that are piercing her chest, and she accepts all the hurt silently, to her it's a certain bliss for it feels like she's partly freed of the punishment, but more because she knows that it's the lightest punishment she's getting and she tries to embrace it.

Wake up.. Why won't he wake up.. Why won't he speak to her.. Touch her.. Why won't he tell her that looking at her makes him think of his mother..

She misses it all, the times she spent trembling in fear from whatever may come to Akashi's mind and the times she spent laughing and having fun with him in her beloved 2D world.

Once again she's seated in his ward by the window, constantly staring at his bruised face to which is attached a mask providing him with oxygen. Poor boy can no longer breathe independently, and again, it's Mizuru's fault.

She'll be to blame if he dies, she and not the startled driver who was obviously following all the road rules and then happened to crash into a kid that thrust himself to the passage after he'd saved a silly girl who dashed right under the wheels of the speeding vehicle.

"Akashi." She chirps, pearls of tears pooling up in her eyes. "Say something." Her plea will never reach his ears, not now..

What will he do once he wakes up, Aori wonders. Will he be mad or surprised that she's still there? If only God grants her the sight of his expression, if only God helps him survive.

The cardiogram on the side of the bed is not giving off any high hopes of his soon recovery from the coma. So many tears have been shed, so many different voices have spoken to Aori today. She barely remembers having heard so many.. And they all, as if in unison, scolded her and cursed her for her wicked existence.

Mizuru Aori is now recognized as a threat to the whole Akashi family, as a trouble maker who's been sent by the demon himself. But it's not what she really is.. She's a gentle flower full of regrets, she's not a ripe fruit yet, she's supposed to be making mistakes to later make up for them and of course, learn from the past, though, that's an empty bell to the judgmental minds of folks. They see what they want to see, they believe in what they want to believe in, and what they believe in right now is that Aori has killed Akashi.

She hasn't killed him...

He's not even dead...

Yet they've still managed to convince her that she did and the shards of her broken heart are now pricking her chest.