Before Ball - Age 16

It was time. Xalvador was suspicious of her and too much attention was brought to her due to the servant gossip, but if she were to leave suddenly, wouldn't that bring more attention? Oh this was so difficult. But for today at least, she should celebrate. It's her birthday! It had been a week since that incident with the blue-everything freak, and he had not spoken to her since, which Jayne couldn't tell if that was reassuring or worrying. But she'd worry about that tomorrow.

In all honesty, Jayne didn't really care for her birthday that much, for her, it was just any other day, but not for a special someone she knew. Abraham would always go out for her. While he was not rich and couldn't spoil her with materialistic things. He always made sure she would have a fun day. Usually he would take her out to the town and bake a cake the day prior, although he always baked it with Mr Morton...

Jayne huffed and was now sad, but hey, if you're not sad on your birthday, did you really have a birthday? A knock sounded on the door, she forced her dreery attitude away and bounced to the door. She opened it and...

It was Derrick; the court physician. "Can I help you?"

"Come to the infirmary." He walked off, not waiting for her.

She ran out, "Why?"

He did not answer.

"Hey!" He opened the door. Jayne stomped his foot, groaned and ran after her.

When she walked in, it was surprisingly dark. Wait a second, oh my god they're really- "Surprise." Throwing a surprise party. Jayne sae every trope from a mile away, they did the exact same thing for Anastasia when she eventually worked here.

She looked around, Derrick was standing by the door, and the other scattered around the room, along with Desmideus who was bedridden, very unenthusiastic about the whole situation. It was his irritated face that made the whole surprise entertaining.

"Wow, guys, I am definitely surprised, it was definitely not conspicuous that Derrick didn't didn't even say hi and said to follow him then sprinted into the unlit infirmary. I am so shocked." Her snarky tone actually made Desmideus smile. She would have to stop being sassy in front of him.

"Well it's not like you would ever come here on your own volition." Anya, another physician spoke out.

"Yeah, yeah." Jayne walked to a table where there were vanilla cupcakes, very fitting for her character, "Thanks, anyway." She took a bite, "Wait a minute, how'd you know it's my birthday I'm not a royal so it isn't in the documents."

"Your friend Abraham." Desmideus spoke out, taking the wrapping from a cake he ate and threw it in the bin.

Oh, he remembers his name but not mine. Typical. "I see you've helped yourself to my treats." She crossed her arms.

"You didn't make them, and it's not like you'd eat them all, unless you're a greedy pig that is."

She had to take a deep breath in order to not injure him more than he already is.

"It was very nice of your boyfriend to make those, he said he would be busy for the majority of the day so he wanted us to enjoy them now before they stale." He gave her a shit-eating grin.

"He is not my boyfriend."

"Does that mean you're single?"

Her face was devoid of emotion and she had to turn around so that his face would not visibly anger her. His way of banter and flirting did not please her.

"Come on, your highness, I think you're ready for your physical therapy now." Derrick spoe out.

"You say physical therapy like it's gonna take me months to walk, all I need is a pair of crutches for a few weeks."