» 5

"Chemistry, what a class" Myunghee said out of thought, smiling faintly before her face dropped deadpan, "I hate it."

Hyuna looked towards her friend and shook her head with the ghost of a smile pricking at her lips.
"It isnt that hard Myunnie."

"Says you, you get like straight A's in everything." Myunghee said in exhaustion as they entered their classroom.

Hyun knew her words never meant to hurt her, she knew Myunghee too well to know she would never purposely hurt her. And in reality, who would get sad over good grades.

Hyuna did though. Her eyes dropped to the ground as she let out a sigh, smile falling in the process. Heart pounding in a slight ache as she recalls her countless hours of hard study and crying.

Myunghee picked up on the faltered energy emitted from her best friend, thus making her slow down slightly and pull her lips into a tight line.

"Hyun-"

"It's okay, it doesn't matter. That's what I strive for I guess. So I should be happy." The girl said trying to sound cheery, but sadness was the only thing that coated her words.

"Just forget about it." She waved her best friend off, speeding up ahead of her to take her seat. Much to Hyunas dismay, they sat across the classroom from each other.

She couldn't bare take her eyes off the table as she reached into her bag to grab her notebook. Not wanting to hear a comment about her home life and dig more at the ache in her heart.

She could hear Myunghee's mouth open and close in an attempt to say something, but she couldn't. She could feel her eyes staring at her, watching her frame and she felt embarrassed.

Myunghee knew everything that happened at home, but that didn't stray from the fact that Hyuna pretty much had no life.

There was an excruciating dead silence that fell over the two, the only sound coming from a sigh that had been released by Myunghee.

Luckily, for Hyunas sake, more people started arriving to class and the atmosphere turned vibrant and loud again.

With not a couple minutes later the teacher arrived.

"As all of you are well aware of, we have a partnered assignment due at the end of the semester." The teacher wasting no time as the lesson started.

"Can we pick our partners?" One guy shouted out as his hand was held straight to the sky.

"No... I have the list here, so pay attention." The teacher stated as he stared straight at the kid who interrupted him with a monotonous voice and matching face.

He started reading out the names, the two best friends on the edge of their seats as he got to Myunghees name.

"Myunghee, you're with..." he started reading before looking up "Kyong."

The two sighed as they stared at each other. Myunghee looking away and smiling as her plan came into action.

"Hyuna, you're with Jaemin."

His words echoed through her head and her eyes widened, a presence growing next to her making her look towards the boy.

He was looking straight at her with a smirk, his cologne greeting her senses as she stared into his eyes.

Gulping as she began to blush under his dominant stare and looking down to her hands in her lap.

She had never had feelings for said boy, but she couldn't deny that he was attractive.

The bad boy type who always turned up late. Always getting into fights and always had a girl at his every other night.

Yet he was her partner. Myunghee wore a big smile as he watched the awkward interaction between the two as they said their first hellos.

Jaemin being super confident as he knew his stare would make any girl weak; and Hyuna being super shy despite her not liking him like that.

She had a reputation to uphold.

"Hyunghee, are you in there." A finger snapped in front of her face making her look away from her best friend.

"Yeah, sorry Kyong, I'm here."

"Who were you staring at?" Kyong asked her confused, trying to see where she was previously looking.

"Only at my best plan ever." She smirked to herself and filling in Kyong on her plan- the boy automatically wanting to join in on her schemes.