Chapter 81: Little Sun

Bijin coughed as she gasped for air, the hand that were wrapped around her neck is too tight!

"I spared you for those mistakes yet here you are, knocking at death's door." Yun Ren Xie looked at Bijin, her bloody red iris made the kitsune fear her more.

"N-no..... I wont.... offend Princess Takara!" she begged, Bijin wanted her life to be kept.

"A beauty with unparalleled youth, skin as fair as jade, eyes were like carved from crystal, lips were plump and rosy." Yun Ren Xie recited a poem that is very familiar to Bijin, this made her shiver uncontrollably. Struggling to be freed, the hand is like made of steel, unable to be moved. "Tears were refined like a pearl, is your blood this alluring? If I cut through your neck, wont specks of enticing red broke out?"

"No!" Bijin shouted hoarsely, this poem.... she heard it from Emperor Akuma Sugoi. That day, she still remember it clearly. Her sister who is bethrothed to Emperor Sugoi tried to poison him yet got found out. He recited this poem in front of Bijin's sister then a he just lifted a finger before she got her head rolling at the blood stained floor.

Yun Ren Xie smirked, her red eyes were gleaming with excitement to kill, thirst for blood, yearning for death. She let go of Bijin's neck and within a second, her head dropped down.

The red blood spilled around them, its pungeant smell were like a boost.

"My imoto still remember this poem?" Sugoi's husky voice made Yun Ren Xie wince when he suddenly hugged her from behind. "You really are my kin." he smiled proudly when a blood spilled out from his pursed lip.

"O-oniisan?" she worriedly asked. Yun Ren Xie widened her eyes in shock once Sugoi slowly let go of her and slumped down. Those previous algid pair of eyes went hazy as they stared at Chisona Taiyo, his smile however, remained bland. Drops of blood trickled down from the corner of his lips.

It was like time have slowed, she was even more feeling grieved when she saw Seimei behind the falling Sugoi, a familiar naginata is being held by him.

He just watched Sugoi having his final breath, glancing at the girl before him. Blue eyes were glowing coldly.

Even Chisona Taiyo dropped to her knees to hold her brother's corpse, it was as if Saito is the one that died.

"Oniisan! Wake up!" she shouted while holding his face, her luminous anguish filled the estate. "The physician! Where is the physician! Somebody come in!"

"Bijin slaughtered everyone in this village before I could even stop her." Seimei spoke, he fell silent afterwards and stared at the crying girl. He then turned around and prepared to leave.

"Seimei, why are you so ruthless? I already told you-"

"It was him who killed my mother!" he turned around, glaring at her without a hint of sympathy. "All my life was a lie! A lie! I grew up believing Yasuna is my father yet he is not! That my mother died in an accident but no! She was murdered...." the last sentence were soft, he closed his eyes in frustration before rushing at Chisona Taiyo.

He pulled her upward before pushing her roughly at the wall. Seimei held her chin upwards and their eyes met, one filled with deep hatred and the other is full of heartache.

Her tears kept streaming, body is shaking from fear and distress. "Even you." Seimei's voice went hoarse, clearly stopping his dread senses. "Trusting you is the worst thing I've ever done. Yes you gave me fame and wealth but do you know how hurt I am to learn that you've been deceiving me for nearly two years?!"

"I only did that for the good of us!" she refuted and looked away from Seimei, she rudely removed his hands from her face then tried to calm herself down.

"Again, why do you need to lie? Is it because Yasunori looked quite identical to me and Fuyu that you've decided to take us in? We're just a substitute in your eyes, Im such a fool to have taken a liking to you." Seimei closed their distance, placing both his hands beside Chisona Taiyo's shoulder. "Chisona Taiyo.... what is this? Why... why am I hurt thinking I'm just a replacement?"

She did not answer, still refusing to look at him. "And even I am a fool to love you since we first met!" Chisona Taiyo closed her eyes tightly.

He was taken aback but still managed a calm demeanor. "Chisona Taiyo, stop acting."

"Acting?" she raised her head. "Do you think I'm lying? As to why I'm hostile to you, my only family is dead! Brother Sugoi died, Seimei..... He.... He is only my family left." but why do you have to take him away?

"He have to pay for his debt."

"Seimei, I can do it for him. It should have been me that you've killed. Dont drag Brother Emperor in this mess but its already too late." she touched his arm that was holding the naginata, a blue tassel with three petals were waving gently from it. "It was me who made my brother feel hatred to Hana Shiroi back then. But do you know why I tried to hunt her many times?"

"She also owned a debt to Empress Yuki, Fuyu's mother." Chisona Taiyo softly said, the bland smile signifies her thousand sorrows, needles of pain and grief kept pricking her heart.

She then held his face, leaning closer to him until their forehead touched. A glow of red emerged from her body, being taken by Seimei.

He felt her hands were getting colder and colder until they started to shiver. Seimei broke their contact, looking at her with a confused gaze.

Chisona Taiyo's body gleamed for a while before her lips raised upward, making a beautiful smile. Instead of happiness, it carried the hint of hundred unspeakable heartache. The red eyes of her were staring at him intently, tears were about to fall.

"I was named small, yet it was clearly you who is young. I was referred as sun, but my grief matched the moon." she recited the poem Chisona Taiyo had created when she was still playing with Seimei during the past. "A promise to never forget about me, will this child really remember? If one day he doesnt, then the orbs of truth will."

A purple orb came out of nowhere and seeped through Seimei's head. "I know!" the young Seimei blurted out.

"Know what?" Akuma Satori, the cat demon curiously looked at him.

"I'll call you Chisona Taiyo then!"

From then on, Akuma Satori changed her name as Little Sun. She would often turn into an orange cat for Seimei to play with. Until one day, she vanished without a trace. Seimei sat at the wooden platform where he would often spot Chisona Taiyo.The child is clearly waiting for her but hours turned to days until it took him a year of hopeless encounter.

Yasunori then came out of another seclusion and removed Seimei's memory about the cat demon.

"When that day comes, will you still remember me?" Chisona Taiyo asked Seimei after getting a new name.

"I will!" the child gleefully answered.

But looking at the situation now, Seimei have already forgotten. Who is Chisona Taiyo?