Chapter 11

It had been two weeks since Mad last called Amelie "princess" and was so close to her that she thought she'd kiss him. There wasn't a day she wouldn't think about him, there wasn't a day her heart didn't do flip flops when she saw him at work, or her legs turned to jelly when they made eye contact.

It was Friday and Mads was waiting for the young girl to pack her camera bag so they could go home. It was a routine now, for Mads to drive Amelie to and from work every day since her place was the same way his was. She kept wanting to give him the money for gas, but he refused each time, saying it was a pleasure to have such good company every day. Doing so every day, they got closer; they always talked about each other, their fears and what they loved the most, about food and movies and the stars, and it had become Amelie's favorite part of the day.

"I can't wait to have a glass of wine and eat a whole bag of chips" she said as the car came to a stop.

"No plans for this weekend then?" he looked at her with beautiful eyes.

"No, none" Amelie shook her head.

"Would you like to have dinner with me tomorrow?" he asked with a steady voice, but with a really fast beating heart. Amelie had no idea how he actually felt inside, since he could control his facial expression so well. 

There was a moment of silence. "Like...dinner dinner?". She was confused, yet her heart beat like crazy because it felt like he had just asked her out on a date.

"Yes. Like food" he smiled.

"I would love to" she wanted to ask if it was a date, but she didn't dare to. "Where?".

"How about Don Alfonso?" he asked. 

''Haven't heard. Not from here, remember?'' she laughed. 

''I promise it's a good one''. 

''I trust you''. 

Getting out of the car, Mads went around and opened the door for Amelie. She got out and turned to face him; they were very close and she felt the need to lean in for a long hug; nothing felt better and safer than having his arms around her. But before she did anything, he pulled her into him and did exactly what she was thinking about. 

''I'll pick you up at 7?'' he talked softly into her ear, causing goosebumps to her skin. 

''See you tomorrow at 7'' she looked at him one last time before entering the building. 

*

''You're stupid if you think it's not a date'' Alexa said as she watched Amelie get ready for dinner with Mads. 

''I don't know, I don't want to have high expectations when it comes to what it is. What if I think it's a date and then there's like 5 other people with us?''. 

''You're stupid, aren't you? Holy shit. The man clearly wants to the spend the day with you and only you. Don Alfonso is not a place where you hang out with your friends in my opinion. It's a fancy, romantic ass restaurant''. 

''How do I look? Is this too much? Should I just wear jeans?'' Amelie looked stressed. She wanted to look good, but she didn't want to look too fancy. 

''Of course it's not too much. You're a literal goddess, everyone wants you. That dress looks like heaven on you'' Alexa slapped Amelie's butt, making her laugh. 

Her phone notified her that she got a text, and looking at the screen she saw that Mads had just texted her to tell her he was there. 

''Fuck I'm about to pass out. Why am I so nervous? I see him every single day'' her hands were sweating. 

''Maybe because you're probably gonna fuck tonight'' Alexa said as she handed Amelie her coat. ''Do you have that one set of underwear you bought some time ago but never used?''.  

''I actually do'' Amelie blushed, knowing how sexy she looked under her dress and how little skin the thin fabric of her underwear covered. ''But its not gonna happen. Fuck, I'm gonna throw up'' she could feel the butterflies in her stomach come to an extreme. 

''Listen, you look absolutely amazing and it's going to be a great night. Don't forget how beautiful you are and how confident you should be. Stop with the shaking and the nervousness, go and rock that man's world'' Alexa winked at her best friend. 

''I love you so fucking much, you have no idea'' Amelie hugged her friend before leaving. 

The car ride wasn't long, so Amelie and Mads only got to talk about what food they were in the mood for. Arriving at the restaurant, the girl couldn't believe how beautifully decorated and fancy it was. 

''This is such a beautiful place'' she smiled as she looked around. Receiving no answer, she turned to look at Mads, whose eyes were on her, a bit of shock in his eyes. He looked as if he'd never seen her in a dress before.  

''You...Amelie, you are so beautiful'' he finally spoke. She radiated something that everyone would be attracted to. She looked so elegant, so remarkably beautiful, so delicate and fascinating that she turned heads wherever she went. 

''And you look very handsome'' she smiled, her cheeks showing a bit of red although she had makeup on. Mads stood tall, looking noble, majestic. He was the type of man one couldn't get their eyes off of, it was impossible to. 

They sat at a fancy table, ordering wine and food and talking the whole evening. He made her laugh and she'd listen to him carefully, loving everything he talked about. Amelie would just sit there and admire every line and feature of his face, his bone structure; he had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. And then Mads would get lost in her eyes. He would smile at everything she said and at how her speech quickened as soon as she talked about something she was passionate about. They talked so much, agreed and disagreed with each other, talked politics, the news, talked about their dreams and the future. It all felt so intimate, so comfortable and so good that Amelie wanted to give him her heart for him to keep it safe forever. God, she wanted to give him everything. Everything

''Thank you for coming, Amelie'' Mads looked down at her angelic face as they stood outside her apartment building. It was cold, but neither of them felt it. Not when they were with each other. 

''Thank you, it was an absolute pleasure'' she was more confident by now, but her heart was going crazy inside her chest. ''I feel good when I'm with you'' she confessed. 

He kept silent as he looked down at his feet. ''You make it so hard for me'' he looked back up, meeting her eyes. There it was, that line again. 

''What do you me-'' she started, but didn't get to finish. She didn't finish because his warm hand touched her cheek and brought her face into his, their lips meeting into a kiss. A kiss that made her feel like she could walk on water and on clouds. As soon as his delicate lips touched her petal ones, warmth spread throughout her body and lit her on fire. He savored her lips, getting drunk on them; all the worries in the world were suddenly gone, the world slowly disappearing around them. 

It was provocative, electrifying, addicting. Their lips were like drugs to each other, drugs they knew would get them addicted.