Chapter 25

The tension was very evident in the hall between the Malhotra's, I thought of giving them some space so they can sort out whatever is going on between them. I was really curious though to figure out the exact equation between the Malhotra's, but I don't think it will be appropriate enough for me to blatantly ask them so I will let it pass.

The moment I got up from my seat, Pappa asked me to stop..

Raghuvendra - I think Nandu you have a lot of explanation to do, so if your Mother in law doesn't mind, can we talk in private for a bit?

Before I could say anything, Neyo Mom stood and left leaving us alone.

Aryaman - Yeah so koala,  mind explaining all this.. Since the day you left for Mangalore after your parent's death since then, we have lost all contacts with you.. I know we should have been there for you but Pappa and I both were in London. We got the news after 15 days of their passing away and then you and Abhi both were already in India, Pappa tried contacting both of you but no use, we tried to get a number of your relatives but we never found it and then we moved to London...

Raghuvendra- Yes beta Even after coming to London, we tried a lot to contact you and Abhi but God knows why we were not able to. And see today, we finally found you that too and now you are one of Malhotra... I am really happy for you both..

I smiled at him but don't know from where tears spilled out of my eyes, Pappa took me in his embrace... It was as warm as always... I know I have to tell them all details, but if I will tell them my story I have to also tell them about Manik and my fake marriage, and I don't think Manik will appreciate that... Oh Aiyappa I cannot lie to Arya he will easily find out.. please help me...

Aryaman- What happened will you tell me or you will just keep sitting here like this? You are missing from past 2 years Nandu,  and you better have a proper excuse for that...

Take a deep breath Nandu, you have to tell them the truth, just a bit twisted version of yours.. so go ahead..

And I told them everything from getting locked up and tortured by my uncle and my escape to Mumbai where I met Malhotra's and as Manik took interest in me, so Navya and Cabir advised me to get married as they said Manik is a good man and he can protect me from my uncle and will take care of me forever... I smartly left all the details of this marriage like it was just a contract one and we did it for pleasing Mom and technically I have not lied because me and Manik both were trying to give our relationship a chance.... A smile crept on my face just thinking about him and suddenly the smile vanished as he has not return yet...

Arya didn't say much about my story but he was ready to murder my uncle the first stance he get...

Raghuvendra- I always knew that Man never had good intensions and even your Appa knew that's why he stayed far away but he will do something like this to you, I can't even imagine.. I am sorry beta, when you needed us the most we were not there. What face will I show to my friend, I couldn't look after his princess... 

Nandini - hey hey Pappa please don't blame yourself, you had no idea what was going on.. The courage which I showed now, only if I had shown the same 2 years back then I would have saved myself but now leave it. Now I am safe and I am happy. Navya and Cabir took care of me. Navya is my childhood friend but Cabir he had no relation with me but he still did more than my real relatives could.. And just not him but the whole FAB5 did look after me. Neyo Mom, she loves me  so much and she is just the best....

Pappa smiled hearing me, I don't know why but I saw a different light in his eyes hearing Mom's name... I still have to figure out what's going on in between the Malhotra's...

Nandini - Pappa if you are Manik's real uncle then why I never heard of you and in our wedding also you both were not present, why?

Arya took a sigh and there was an unreadable look on Pappa's face... I couldn't understand what's wrong...

Raghuvendra- My family disowned me from their home and life, I did a very big mistake and for that I am still serving my punishment. After Raj passed away, I come here after every two months to check up on his family, to ask for their forgiveness, with a hope in my heart that maybe one day they will forgive me and accept me but no such luck. I don't think in this life I will get their forgiveness... I have to live with this guilt remainder of my life too...

I saw his eyes were full of tears, and my heart ached for him.. I don't know what mistake he has done that Mom and Manik are not forgiving him... But I know this Men from ages and how good of a person he is, he deserves a second chance.. And I promise I will definitely do anything to mend this broken family....

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I was preparing for dinner with Marry, today is the happy day of my life, so I have also called Fab 5 for dinner, I wanted to surprise Navya, I know she missed Arya and Pappa a lot and she will be so happy to see both of them here after so many years...

It was quite a task to convince Neyo Ma to let them stay with us for sometime. She was not pleased at the thought but seeing my bond with both of the London return Malhotra's, I think her heart melts a little bit and she agreed... Well task 1 successfully accomplished and now the other task is to find what exactly happened between them so I can work on Malhotra's reunion...

I came in to the hall and saw Rico deeply thinking about something...

Nandini - Hey what's wrong?

Aryaman - nothing Koala beer, you enjoying your married life Haan 😉

Nandini - Don't even try that, you know you can't lie to me....

And he hung his head low....

Aryaman- I am sorry Koala I am so sorry, I should have been there, you were my best friend, you were there when my mom died, you were there to hold me, to give me a shoulder to cry on but when it was my turn I was nowhere, you have to go through all that alone and I was enjoying my life in London, I am a such a bad friend, such a bad one...

And he started crying, such a baby he is, I chuckled and hug him tight...

Nan - Hey hey, just calm down okay.. You had no idea about all that was going on with me, you didn't do it deliberately. I know if you had known, you would have saved me from those people. You are a great friend Rico I know that and I love you... Calm down okay just calm down...

I patted his head and smiled at my best friend's concern, I open my eyes to see a pair of brown orbs staring directly at me with blank expression on his face and I am sure my heart skipped a beat...

"Manik.."