Chapter 35 - First Night

Patience walked back in, and although they had been alone in the cabin countless times, this time seemed like the first. Rud had taken his nightshirt off when Patience went out to check for the signal. Sensing her hesitation, Rud said, "Patience, please come to bed."

Patience went behind the blind, took her wedding dress off, and put on her nightgown. She then got into bed and moved next to Rud. Realizing Rud no longer had his nightshirt on, Patience quickly got out of bed, turned to face Rud, and slipped her nightgown over her head.

Even though the cabin was dark, her outline was silhouetted against the orange glow from the fireplace. Her slender waist, narrow hips, and the shape of her breast as she moved all caused Rud to lose his breath. He watched as her hair was pulled free of the nightgown and cascaded down her neck onto her shoulders and back. She raised her arms and used a ribbon to tie her hair behind her head. Rud just kept looking at her.

Patience slipped under the covers and up against Rud. He moved his hand up her side and over her shoulder to cup her face. He could feel her tremble as he touched her skin. He moved even closer and began to kiss her lips with very small, light kisses. Patience put her hands on his sides, carefully avoiding those injured areas she knew still caused him pain. Her touch on his skin was exhilarating.

Rud had not taken a breath since she had removed her nightgown and suddenly gulped for air. Rud said, "I am a little nervous. You took my breath when I saw you remove your nightgown." Patience replied, "I am a little nervous too," as her lips pressed back against his—their bodies in full contact now as they kissed.

Rud and Patience wrapped their arms around each other. They held each other for a moment, then started moving their hands along their backs and sides. Rud pulled back and told Patience he could not believe he could be happier than he was right now. Patience said she had wanted this ever since she spent the night with him on the tattered old rug. Until now, that had been the best night of her entire life. Rud said he felt the same.

As they talked, the fear and nervousness eased, and they were both noticeably more relaxed now than even a moment ago. Rud said, "You had quite an effect on me that morning." Patience replied, "Evidently, I am having the same effect on you now." Rud tried to act shocked at what she said but failed miserably.

He pressed Patience harder against him, hands moving more freely on her frame now. He moved his hand slowly down her neck, past her shoulders feeling every bump in her spine. As he moved steadily down to her waist, he occasionally paused to make small circles on her skin with his fingers.

Still moving down, his large hand firmly gripped her smooth, soft bottom, then released before moving even lower. Patience moaned softly, letting Rud know the pleasure she felt as he touched the more sensitive areas.

At first, they cautiously explored each other's bodies. Patience had seen Rud naked and washed him many times, but this was as different as night and day. Patience's body was all new to Rud, and she could feel his hands shake as he touched her.

Patience could tell he was anxious yet was trying so hard to go slow and be gentle with her. As Rud's lips searched for Patience's lips, they both knew it was time and gradually began to move. Rud was moving on top of Patience as she pulled him towards her. He moved up and over her as she slid under him.

Rud shifted his weight to his legs and arms, not wanting to put his full weight on her much smaller body. As Miss Betty had predicted, their bodies knew what to do. Patience provided a little assistance, and they became man and woman together. It was painful for Patience at first, and feeling her body respond to pain, Rud hesitated, knowing he had somehow hurt her. Patience put her hands on her man's waist and encouraged him to continue.