13 | pink

Jungkook's pov:

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed, meaning that Taehyung must've left for work earlier. I felt a little disappointed, although maybe it's for the better since it would've been a bit awkward between us. Either way, I got up and got ready to also go to work.

If you're wondering, I work as a dance teacher at this small studio with my good friend Hoseok. It's my dream job, I've always loved dancing so you could say I got really lucky to be doing what I enjoy.

Sadly Taehyung wasn't as fortunate as me. Working at a grocery store doesn't sound like a dream job, but it pays the bills so he doesn't complain. Although I invited him to work with me many times before, knowing well that he would be perfect for the job, but he always refused due to lack of confidence in himself.

That's also one of the biggest reasons why we decided to become roommates. Apart from the fact that we've known each other for years and we're very close, it was just easier to afford a nice apartment if we payed for it together. Even though we tend to fight a lot about small things, it's still a 100 times better than it was living with my parents.

You see, my parents have always been extremely homophobic and never supported my passion for dancing. Who knows, if I'd never met Taehyung I probably would have been a depressed, forever closeted guy who still lived with his parents and was forced to work under their company, not being able to pursue my dreams.

Since I moved away I haven't kept any contact with them. Being the only child and not having many relatives made it pretty lonely too, but Taehyung's big and welcoming family really made up for it. I met them for the first time a few years ago and since then we met many times for dinners and other events.

Once I ate breakfast and got ready, I rushed out to catch my bus. We still couldn't afford a car, but both me and Taehyung have been working hard to save up money so that one day we could get ourselves a nice ride. But for now we had to stick to using buses and trains to get us about.

I listened to some relaxing music on my way to work, which sped up the journey a little. I finally got off at my stop and had to walk a few more minutes to get to the familiar building. Once in, something felt.. off. The walls were scraped, things were being taken out and it was loud at the end of the corridor as if someone was drilling the walls.

"Jungkook!" I heard the familiar voice approach me.

"Hoseok! What's going on?" I asked, looking around confused.

"Oh don't worry about it, we're just undergoing some changes. I thought that the place needed a re-touch, for example that paint.. hate it. We need something brighter, something more inviting! Also since we started getting more customers recently we decided to build additional rooms. And I saved the best for the last, we got a new member joining us!" Hoseok explained excitedly as he showed me around the empty building.

When we reached his office there was a pink haired male standing there.

"Jungkook, meet Jimin. He will be a contemporary dance teacher in the new studio we're building." Once Hoseok mentioned his name he turned around and gave me a shy smile.

"Hi, it's nice to finally meet you. Hoseok told me a lot of good things about you. I'm excited to be working here with you guys." He outstretched his arm towards me, I shook it quickly and gave him a small smile.

"Likewise. So are you new in town or something? I haven't really seen you around before." I asked while sitting down on a couch.

"Ah yes, me and my boyfriend recently moved to an apartment not too far from the city centre. It's nothing special but it's a good start." The pink haired one answered a little flustered.

At first I was a bit taken aback, I didn't expect him to say something like this so openly. But then I remembered that thankfully Hoseok is also apart of the LGBTQ+ community and there was nothing to be ashamed of around him.

"Oh I'm really happy for you, that's really brave. Sadly we don't have it very easy in this society, but just know that you can feel free around here." I reassured him, to which his face immediately brightened up.

"Thank you so much. Hoseok already made me feel welcomed at the interview that's why I decided to join. Also you said 'we', does that mean you're gay too?"

I froze for a moment. I don't really talk about my sexuality, especially to someone who I'd just met, but since he seemed trustworthy and I already hinted at it I decided to be honest. "Ah, you got me there. Yes I am."

"Yayy and I'm pansexual, now let's get to work guys, enough of your chit chat." Hoseok interrupted. "Since the place is closed off until the renovation is over, you can instead help me paint the walls. I'll pay you for it so don't worry."

And so the three of us got to work.