Promise Ring

Serenity

Today would be a hard day. Today I would finally get some closure. I had met most of my siblings and today we would visit Devin in the hospital too.

But today I would also see my mother. I didn't know if I wanted to see her. She was put into a mental asylum. Turned out she really was crazy.

"Hey are you excited about seeing Devin?" Vincent asked. We were still at the 'base' as they call it and getting ready to go out.

Vincent was a really good guy and treated me really sweetly. He was so shy that I kept wondering how he ended up in the mafia.

"Yes! I can't wait!" I said clapping my hands excitedly.

"Lisa, Hades come on we need to go" Vincent called the others.

Before I could walk out with them I felt myself getting pushed back onto a hard chest which I knew all too well.

"Baby are you sure you can go alone?" He whispered in my ear.

"Yes, don't worry. Besides, Vincent and Hades will be with me and Lisa" I smiled up at him.

"I'll miss you" He groaned and kissed my cheek.

"I'll miss you too but I need to go now. Love you bye!" I giggled and wiggled myself out of his arms running outside with the others.

The last thing I heard before leaving was 'I love you too'

_______

"So you know there's this nurse and she's really hot-"

"Devin!" Everyone yelled.

"Okay chill, I might die here. Might as well make it fun"

"Devin stop saying shit like that" Lisa said slapping the back of his head.

"Fine fine" He whined. "Now tell me little sis, how is that dude treating you? Is he nice? I mean he's in the mafia he can't be nice but-"

"He treats me really well Devin. I hope you can meet him one day"

Devin was really fun to be with. He was bubbly and talked a lot even after all he's been through.

"So where's my ray of sunshine Hades?" Devin asked.

"Probably outside smoking" Vincent whispered.

"I told that bitch not to smoke" Devin crossed his arms.

Hades was the opposite of Devin. As the oldest out of the boys, he was always serious and didn't talk much. He barely talked to me. He hugged me when he saw me and he said he was sorry but he always looked sorrowful.

"I'll go find him" I said and stood up.

After wandering outside the hospital for ten minutes I found him somewhere smoking and staring blankly at nothing.

"Hades what are you doing? Why are you here?" I asked him.

"I just needed to relax"

"Get that off your mouth!" I said and took his cigarette before getting rid of it.

"Hey! Why did you do that?!"

"Hades seriously why are you like this? Stop being so-so-"

"So what?"

"So grumpy!" I whined. "I've gone through a lot too in my life Hades but I never lost hope"

"Well I can't be like that. Just give me some time okay? We need to go see mother in a few"