Perfect

Warning this chapter contains abuse and starvation this may be triggering.
Ella POV

Bang! Bang!

What the hell! I woke up to Dan trying to break into my room. It's three in the morning!

"Hey slut open up!"

I ignore him. He's probably drunk and high, and when he's like that, I don't know what will happen.

Last month Dan got a little handsy, and when I pulled away from him, he punched me in the eye and continued to beat me. Bruises covered my entire stomach in bruises. Luckily I didn't get a broken rib from the blows.

"Hey, come on, open the door, let's have some fun."

Ya, how about not. I tried to go back to sleep when the door broke open. Dan was a big guy. He had muscle which scares me.

He started to stalk over to me. His eyes rolled over my body. My nightgown left nothing to the imagination; it was thin. I pulled my blanket up to hide any part of myself from him.

"Oh, you don't need to hide anything from me." He chuckled out.

At that moment, I realized if I didn't leave now, I'd be raped. I looked around my room. Next to my bed was the lamp; it was just big enough to cause minor damage. I couldn't let him get to me.

"Ella, you have always had a nice body" his lingering eyes land on my face, and he smirks. He started walking to the side of my bed. I could smell him; he reeked of body odor and booze.

I was pretty fast for being so small. Dan started getting closer to me. It was now or never. I grabbed the lamp from the table, stood up on my bed, and hit him as hard as I could. He fell over in a massive heap on the floor. I looked around my room. I needed to get dressed; it was too early to head to school, but I had no choice. I grabbed my backpack, put in a change of clothes, and ran to the bathroom to change. I had to be quick; he could wake up any minute.

I pulled on my jeans and my long sleeve navy shirt. It was simple and easy to undo my braids, racking my fingers hastily through the waves. I go to Dan's room. He usually kept cash in his bedside drawer along with a box of condoms. I discovered this last year when we needed groceries. I searched his room for money.

Grabbing the stack of hundreds, I put them in my back pocket. I run out of the house and head to the school.

I want to cry. I haven't called since my parents. I need to get out of here get away from him. He won't look for me even if I did steal that money; he wouldn't care.

I was alone, and I'm okay with that. My life isn't perfect, but maybe things will get better.

The schools still empty as the hour's pass. I sat on the ground under the beautiful branches of the jacaranda tree, thinking. I was getting out. I got the job interview today, and nothing was stopping me from getting the job. I knew there was a motel about three miles away from the school.

Around 5:30, the school opens. I walk into the cafeteria and get their complimentary breakfast. It was cereal today and an apple. I was so grateful for the food. I hadn't eaten for a while and needed the energy. Just as I'm finishing up, a small girl comes and sits in front of me. As I look up at her, she smiles.

"Hi, I'm Avery," she squeaks out.

"Hi, I'm Ellie; it's nice to meet you," I say back.

Her face instantly turns into a beautiful smile. She was pretty. Avery had olive skin and golden-brown eyes. Her hair was dark brown and very smooth. Avery wolfed her cereal; she was skinny like me. To the point where you look somewhat starved. Her clothes were too baggy on her like me. I knew wherever Avery was from wasn't much better than where I was.

We made a small chat and talked about our classes and the teachers. Grace didn't start for another hour, so we decided to walk to the library. We quietly did our homework at a table in the back. I liked being around Avery. She wasn't loud, and silence wasn't awkward.

We went our separate ways and planned to meet at lunch under the Jacaranda tree.

Walking down the hall, I smelled something unique. It was a mixture of cinnamon and spice; it was terrific. I looked around to see where it was coming from. That's when I saw Levi. Was it him? Not possible he was too far away. When our eyes locked before I could blink, He was standing in front of me within seconds. His face had a brilliant smile plastered on it. He was so beautiful.

"Mate," he whispered.

"What?" I mumbled. I could barely speak. I was so entranced by him his smell overwhelmed my senses. His hand slowly reached up and fell on my cheek. His touch was soft and sent tingles all over. My body felt as if it was electrified. One word left my lips in that second.

"You're mine."

Sorry, my chapters are short, but this will be a short story. I love short, sweet romances. Sorry for taking so long to make a new chapter. This is my first book, sorry if it's not the best.

Please vote if you enjoyed it!!

Thankyou 🙏😊