Chapter 82: Arc 2.2 Ends!!!

The dazed Seimei shed a tear after what he saw. The name Chisona Taiyo was made by him for the nameless cat demon. He promise to never forget but he clearly broke it.

Seimei glanced at the girl before him, the gentle smile squeezed his heart. From the first day they met at the Abe temple, she have been protecting him from the demons.

"Seimei, do you still remember my condition?"

He raised his head, biting his lower lip. Is she going to leave him behind? Why does it hurt him so much? Like thousands of needles keeps stabbing his heart, unable to stabilize his mind.

"You already got stronger, to be able to kill my oniisan will be a great relief in you human kin." she turned cold, even though her smile is still there. "However, every failure has its retribution. Seimei, I already gave you my whole demon sanity and its your punishment. I also retrieved the human blood that is circulating you, which means you are no longer counted as human."

Even though living for thousands of years is a great blessing towards others perspective, it was different from Seimei. He received the most painful punishment ever!

"Also, my condition is, train Fuyu to be an onmyoji. I will give him all the human blood left." she shook her head, about to leave Seimei's side when he suddenly pulled her into a warm embrace. The faint fragrance of white cherry blossom from Seimei calmed her mind, she let him hold on to her for the last time.

"Little Sun....." Seimei's hold went tight, reluctant to let go of the girl's frail body. "I can't..... I can't bear to be seperated from you for thousands of years!"

Something warm dropped to Chisona Taiyo's shoulder, is he crying? She remained indifferent and lightly pushed him. "Seimei, its not like my soul will perish." Chisona Taiyo held his face, using her delicate fingers to remove the tears. "Once I died, I will be born again. But that doesnt mean I'd carry my same face, even my attitude will change drastically for I wont be able to remember anything."

Pain.

That is what Seimei felt, not only pain but extreme sorrow! "I will wait for you." his voice went hoarse, only this girl, only she can make him feel sentimental.

Yun Ren Xie did not speak and moved aside, reaching the unconscious Fuyu. Her body emitted the glow of a formidable blue aura then it covered Fuyu until it dispersed a few seconds later, revealing an infant with white hair and clear blue eyes.

She covered its body with the white robes left by the adult Fuyu then stood up. With a bit strength, she decided to lean at the nearby sakura tree with few white blossoms. Only a few minutes left before she will die, Yun Ren Xie wishes to cuddle the infant. Even though they've gone through many misunderstandings, she still have the love of a sister for him.

Seimei knelt in front of her, she looked extremely weak. Her eyes turned pale blue, so fragile that almost few strands of life can be traced from it.

He found it hard to accept her death, something is telling him to touch her for the final time.

Before she could close her eyes, Seimei leaned closer to her, his warm breathing made her yearning for more since she felt quite cold.

Seimei held her small porcelain face with one of his hand, but before he could even kiss her lips, her eyes closed.

Chisona Taiyo's head depended on Seimei's hand for support. The lifeless body went cold, he only placed a gentle kiss at her forehead which lasted for a few seconds. He wanted to speak his farewell but the words were stuck in his throat.

"Even for thousands of years, thousand suffering, I will wait for you my Little Sun." he gritted his teeth. Too unjust! Now that he have realized his feelings, she died already! Even punishing him to live thousands and thousands of years from loneliness.....

But still, he will wait until the day she would be born. Even if she can't remember him anymore, he will remind her of their past lifetime.

Closing his eyes to reminisce those days she was still with him, with a taciturn attitude and scheming thoughts, he would often raise his guard in front of Chisona Taiyo.

"Seimei, this will help you!"

"I've got a new method, are you ready to learn it?"

"Hey, don't try to be lazy and learn this. Or else, how can you fight Fuyu in the near future?"

"Look! You've progressed a lot lately!"

"This maids of the imperial palace are rather audacious! Dare to steal glances at you, I might gauge their eyes out!"

"You looked alike with Emperor Fuyu...."

"Seimei, come and receive your punishment!"

He will defenitely remember those days. In two years of being with her, he is not satisfied. If ever he gets to see her once more in her next lifetime, he wont let go of her and they will surely create more memorable moments to recall.

The naginata in his hand turned to a slender jade flute with a delicate blue tassel. He draw it closer to his lips and played the song Chisona Taiyo recited when she woke up after the severe injury. The lyrics he have discerned were leaving more and more scars in his heart.

I can fear a gentle sound
Soft as the murmurs of this flowing river
As the wind caresses my cheeks
Those sweet memories starts blurring together

The distant sky
Awakens in me the memories in the edge of oblivion
With a searing pain in my heart
And thus my tears fall

The season of the white cherry blossoms
Now exists only in a far away dream
In that dream, the dancing petals whispered to me
Words I can never forget

Seimei will surely never forget of Chisona Taiyo's existence. If he does, who will be the one to remind her of the past in the next lifetime?

On sleepless nights, all by myself
I'd take a walk on the soft warm breeze
Only to realize that I've entered the realms of my memories
Where I simply frolicked around without a single worry

The moon have disappeared behind the clouds
My memories of those sultry days
The once I wished to erase have also gone hazy
And my tears wont stop

Cruelly, time ticks away
Amusing itself with keeping people from moving on
The luxuriant foliage of the cherry tree leaves
No longer tells me anything

He also wondered why would she play a song like this? But only now did he realize, it was to make him recall their past. Where he was once just an innocent child, worry free, loving the white cherry blossoms of his yard and would often wake the cat demon in the middle of the night just to ease his curiosity.

The season of the white cherry blossoms
Now exists only in a far away dream
In that dream, the dancing petals whispered to me
Words I can never forget

He surely wont, he wont forget about her. For the first time, Seimei smiled warmly. However, the grief in his eyes were visible.

Gentle spring breeze passed by as if it was Chisona Taiyo's soul saying goodbye, the branch of the sakura tree swayed gracefully as white cherry blossom petals dropped in an elegant dancing manner. Seimei have thought once that it was the sakura tree who can give a person the calming demeanor however, it was different now.

White petals started to drop every where, the exquisite fragrance and sight did not move Seimei's heart.

He once dreamed of a girl, he called hr Sister Taiyo. Under the sakura tree, they would often speak and play. When petals fall, she would reach out her hands to catch them with great care.

"Seimei, can you hear? The flowers are cheerful today. They will be the witness that you named me as Little Sun. Listen, threw words you can never forget will be reminded by each one of them."