Chap. 51 (Hunter becomes the prey)

"Akuma?..." Says Sil, opening the door.
I have been in here for too long and the room has suddenly become very quiet. So that got Sil curious and...

"Wha-...they are gone?!?"

"What the?!?" Says the soldier. "Where did they go?!? Attention-"

"No, it's okay." Says Sil, stopping him. "If they want to escape, let them be. Besides...can any of you even stop him when we, the royal knights, can't?"

"I..."
-----------
"Excuse me. Do you know where is Asylum?" I ask a soldier on patrol.

"Uhm...its at the north of Lupis, about 300 kilometres away. Why?"

"Oh...we wanted to know where the most dangerous place is so we can avoid that." Says Cevila.

Of course...that's a complete lie.
We bought some stuff like food and set out on a journey to Asylum.
--------
1 day later.
--------
"Hmm?"

It's late at night so we are travelling with caution. We are about less than halfway there to Asylum as we travel on foot to avoid attention.

"I can smell smoke." Says Cevila.

Yeah...smoke...there's a fire?
It's a full moon tonight. Yet the smoke ruins the view.

Hm...

"Let's follow the smoke," I say.

I am curious. Besides, no harm in taking a peek.

Soon, clashes and screams can be heard.

We peek over a bush and see a village being raided by werewolves.

Wait...this is weird. Monsters are normally peaceful with humans...what exactly happened in the last 50000 years?

I can see children, woman and man being slaughtered mercilessly.

I look at Cevila and she's shaking. She's angry but too scared to take action.

She clenches her fist and grits her teeth but is shaking like she's freezing. Soon, her breathing becomes unnatural and her eyes start to blinks faster.

She's going insane.

I sigh and hug her.
"What...i..."

"Calm the fuck down," I say.

...

She takes a deep breath and pushes me away. "I...am fine now."

Her emotions affect me as well...do I really have to intervene in this? This is so troublesome...

Fine whatever.

Stepping forward, I emerge from the forest, leaving Cevila behind.

She gasps and wants to follow but trips and just lays there. Her legs won't move.

I snap my fingers.
Skill activate: Taunt
All of the werewolves stop their activity and looks at me.

I smirk.

"Come at me, you fucking weaklings."

They roared and charges at me. Their nails extend into a blade and they try to thrust the nails into my body.
Upon contact, it immediately breaks and
I grab two of them by their neck.

"Awooooo..."

They howled in pain before I crush their entire neck using brute strength.

The other werewolves immediately back off slowly after that.

"Oi oi. Are you seriously scared now?" I say.

Suddenly, someone attacks me from behind and I grab the blade.

It is a woman wearing a huge pointy hat with purple plain robes. Despite the witch dress up, she attacked me with a sword, enhanced by magic.

I look behind.

Tch. All the werewolves took that chance to escape.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I ask

The woman smiles and swings her hand up. Three magic circles appear above me and the gravity becomes 10000 times stronger.

So she's trying to crush me huh...

It didn't affect me at all. I am just casually standing there. This kind of pressure is not enough to even make a difference for me.

"What are you trying to do? Kill me?"

Her smile turns into a frown.
"You..."

She clicks her tongue and fades away.

What the heck...

"Cevila I'm chasing after her, you can help this village recover," I say before dashing off.

That witch is using high-class camouflage magic. But being an Okirei, I can easily detect her.

She stops at some point in the middle of nowhere and catches her breath.

"That damn bastard...no one told me he was that strong." She mumbles.

"Oh...so you are trying to kill me..."

She immediately panics upon hearing my voice and strikes me with fire javelins manifested from mana but I immediately control the fire javelin to explode on the spot.

*BOOOOOM*

She was thrown back by the impact and she started coughing blood.
"Fuck...fuck...fuck." She mumbles before carrying herself up and trying to escape.

"Where are you going?" I say, appearing in front of her.

She falls back onto the floor from shock and tries to reach out to her wand.

"Looking for this?"

I take a wand out of my coat pocket and show it to her.

"You...you..."

Now...yes...NOW I SEE FEAR.

Her eyes widen as she grasps her chest. She grits her teeth while she narrows her eyes.

The hunter has now become the prey.