Part 21: Please I Do Not Want a Heart:

(Dream perception)

It had been almost three months since the big human came back to this Castle. For those times, he was mainly busy taking care of his office works, it seems that he is almost at the last phase and will be caught up soon.

'I hope he brings me with him, if ever he will patrol the lands, I want to see the outside more.'

Every morning is the same, we wakes up, and Kaleid prepare our baths and garments. Then we proceed to the dining hall and eat for a short moment until someone breaks the silence and have a long argument.

'Isn't it bad for the servants to see the King and queen of this country to argue every single morning? More on, every chance they get.'

However today, the argument is far heated than normal, and this time the Queen who lose every argument they had so far is not backing down this time.

It started with the Queen's request for permission, "My King, may I choose the attire the princess will be wearing on her birthday and coronation day?" She just drop it casually, but the King who always cool and composed in every argument they had so far, surprisingly do not have a chill when it comes to his daughter's upcoming events.

"A party and a coronation? Who said such thing will happen."

"My King, the princess is turning one and she shall have a grand birthday celebration, moreover the coronation is just a festive to show the princess to the people of Spade. Spade did not have a princess for the last millenia, the people will be more than glad to meet her."

"NO!"

"What no?!"

"There will be no celebration nor coronation that will take place."

"Why are you deciding such a thing?! This child is not your toy! She is your daughter! And the daughter of the king is a princess!"

'If a passer-by hears this argument, they will think the queen is such an admirable mother, I want to applaude on your speech, now, how will you retort, daddy?'

The big human stays in silence and glance at me, he gave me a very hurt expression. Then he stood up and scooped me up from my seat.

'Wait, I am not done eating, didn't they taught you it is rude to leave food behind.'

"Speaking of outsiders..."

'Oh you are not done?'

"I wonder who it was that ran away from his responsibilities as a Royal? Leaving Spade behind, leaving your brother, if only you did not leave then Jacob could still-"

The big human suddenly swung his body around, and I subconsciously hold unto his shirt tighter. The roar in the room sends the servants falling off the ground and running away. The Queen's hair that was on an updo, fell down to her shoulder, revealing her natural beautiful blond hair. In spite of all the servants fright, the Queen just stood there with the face of a winner. The big human who realized his temper outburst, was shocked for a moment.

"Do what you want" he said it with a really hard tone, then defeatedly exited the room.

I looked up and saw a face of someone trying to think far in the future. He walked in really fast and long strands. I can feel that his whole being is in aggravation. He open his office door and was welcome by Kaleid. Even before Kaleid announced the king's agenda for today, the big human shoved me to the small man, and exited the room in no time. Kaleid and I was left in the room dumbfounded.

Kaleid look at me and asked, "Princess, what happened?"

I look back to the closed door, and the it suddenly open again which made me startled.

"We are here, to take the princess's measurements."

The two young ladies said with emotionless faces.

"Measurements?"

"Yes for her attires for her birthday party and coronation festivity that will take place seven days from now."

'It is amazing, this girls are talking in sync, but wait, the Queen already made her agendas?'

I looked up to Kaleid, and his face is full of confusion.

"But there will be no-"

"It is happening, that child have a responsibility as a Royal, cooperate Kaleid, if you do not want me to take you off from helping."

The Queen who gracefully walk pass by the two young ladies is now facing Kaleid with authority. The power of the Queen.

Kaleid lowered his head but did not say anything.

"You can watch in not so distance, if you are not trusting my people."

The Queen wave her fan and the two young ladies came forward and stretch their arm to receive me. Kaleid slowly handed me over, and then quietly followed us from behind.

I am honestly nervous from this sudden turn of events.

.......

This is the first time I've been on this side of the castle. We entered, a really girly room this time. It is so different from the big human's side of the castle.

The walls are covered with elegant wallpapers, and furnished with frilly and colorful furnitures. I remember the nursery room they locked me in, it was pretty obvious it had a women's touch.

The lady put me down on a pink round sofa. After that some servants came in with different fabrics on their arms. My eyes like looking at them because they shine and are colorful. It has been a while since I saw so much colors.

Then I remembered Kaleid, I felt a sudden fright in my heart and started to look around for him. I turned my head to the right and I saw him just observing in not so distance. When he saw me looking at him, he smiled. That kinda mellow down my pending outburst as a baby.

I sucked my thumb to calm myself to the point of Nirvana.

'it is hard being a baby.'

"It seems nature colors are the only one good for her, the red makes her looks like a goth child, the pink looks inferior with her red eyes, and yellows just does not match her."

The Queen start appraising the fabrics, then she waved her fan, and the servants that was holding the colors she had mentioned, exited the room.

"The green looks great, because it compliments her eyes, but let us settle with brown." She picked the brown silky fabric and lay it down on my shoulder. She just froze and observed me.

I felt like a little mouse before a snake. After a good while of appraising me, she then added.

"You are the only princess of Spades, and that is your responsibility."

The fabric on my shoulder felt heavy, I looked straight into her eyes and what I see confused me. It was a face of content.