14 | for i could not stop for death, death kindly stopped for me

The tender touches of Harry still lingered on Draco's skin. There was a constant dull ache in his chest, longing to see those fiery eyes again, to have the feverish hot mouth dance across his flesh, and for god's sake, to just hear the man's voice again. It's been four days and he didn't even see the demon during those days, only accompanied by Pansy, occasionally Blaise.

Ron, nor the others came to visit him. He understood why.

He refused to leave Pansy's place, not even when Blaise offered to take him for a walk or see others. It didn't feel the same if he wasn't allowed to see Harry, wherever that man was because none of the others have seen him either. Blaise updated Draco a few times on Harry's whereabouts, each time it was the same thing — "He's probably still in Limbo, fixing the issue."

The issue that Draco caused, the issue that flooded the angel with unbelievable guilt and a urge to help fix it. He knew he could do nothing expect wait to be returned to his rightful place, that could be the only way any of this would be remotely fixed. Yet, it didn't feel right to him, not when Harry was still out there, marked with wounds and not hearing Draco's rambles of apologies.

As the days agonizingly went by, the angel noticed that his wings were slowly deteriorating. A couple feathers falling off naturally as if the seasons were changing. The golden tips were becoming less and less, and it must've been the one thing Draco didn't care about. Every time he saw a stray feather settled on the ground he stared at it wordlessly, but completely dismissing it, barely acknowledging the fact that it wasn't normal because all that was in his mind was Harry, Harry, Harry.

Their parting has just affected Draco immensely, it was obvious. The words he spoke to the two people were vague and barely audible, he didn't seem as lively anymore and even the slightest mention of Harry made him perk up. Which causes Pansy and Blaise to carefully choose their own words when conversating around the blonde. Draco notices. It only causes him frustration.

Harry's in Limbo. That's all he knew, that's all the others cared for him to know because it was forbidden to even step near the grotesque place.

Yet, Draco's desperation to feel the demon's damning gaze was empowering. The idea slowly crept into him, unsure at first solely due to fear.

Fear ruled him his whole life. His parents installed fear into him about Hell, but here he was. Of course, the underworld is undoubtedly a horrifying place filled with so much pain it did make him want to go home... almost.

Harry is his undoing. Draco became aware of that ever since he's been alone to his thoughts. All he had been taught up in Heaven seemed feasible. That was before he knew Harry existed, so suddenly Draco deemed his knowledge about the underworld to be a pretty lie measured for the safety of the other young angels.

He thought about his parents, his friends, and all the good things he held when he was in Heaven. Then, he thinks about Harry— about how true and pure the demon makes him feel. Not pure like he was taught by the other Angels, it differed; he felt seen and heard. As if he couldn't hide anything because he didn't feel the need to hide anything from Harry like he did with his parents.

Fear wouldn't rule him anymore. He wanted, no, he needed to see Harry again. Draco decided he wouldn't go back just yet, and if an Angel came down to collect souls soon, he couldn't be here be when it happened.

Just as Draco fiercely came to the conclusion that finding Harry is a must there was a knock against the door, slowly following the opening of the door to reveal the same man who comes by every now and then- Blaise.

"Hey," his voice came, entering Pansy's place as usual, leaving the door slightly cracked behind him since he never stayed long.

"Blaise," Draco reiterates, a light bulb shining in his head with a brand new idea on how to go see Harry and speak with him wether he's in Limbo or not. Blaise will guide him.