Genya x Reader

»»-----  -----««

»»-----  -----««

(Y/N) used to be into love, but now she can not stand the thought of it.

Especially love such as 'Love at first sight'. It plainly seemed so utterly useless, and counterproductive. Such things only drained the life out of oneself, over and over again.

There's a reason love is invisible, undetectable with anything but our minds. We aren't evolved enough to be trusted with it.

We'd try to engineer it, modify it, use it, weaponize it. Aren't there always great reasons to do sinful performances? Or are they excuses to permit us to accompany our more basic desire for dominance? 

The 'power of love' will always bring people down, into the depths of despair.

Love quotes inspire golden strands of truth in an age of distrust. Yet her, they can never adequately capture her heart.

'Love' tells us who to love, who to follow, who to admire. 

Maybe that's why she rejects it.

She hates it whenever somebody tries to tell her who to trust, follow, admire. When somebody puts limits on what is or is not appropriate.

When somebody puts shackles on her in order to control her way of trusting, following, admiring.

She is not gonna permit herself to be beaten by the so-called 'love'.

She is not gonna allow herself to go back to the 'love' she used to cherish so much. she will not allow herself to go back to what is wrong, what continues to hurt her.

All she ever wanted to do was love him and bring happiness, to heal where he was hurt.

But her moralities stabbed her in the back.

What she gave, she gave freely from her soul, yet he thought he entitled to all (Y/N) ever had and more.

She should have seen the red flags, how he was distant, how he never took the initiative for connecting with stirring words or mechanical love.

How his knuckles used to leave blue bruises all over her body, she only ever questioned his actions. The girl never fought back.

Her wounds used to stay for the longest time, but the real ones were within.

Those feelings...Of betrayal, deception, blaming oneself. It all soon turned into a never-ending-cycle, a routine.

However now, that it's all long gone, and forgotten. Presently that she's free as a bird, she has other obstacles to worry about.

Like being late for work.

Currently, she was running late to a meeting, not watching her path - she bumped into a freakishly muscular frame.

Rubbing her forehead, she eyed the man before her, "Watch where you're going, moron." He said with a frown. The girl seemed to glare back at him, "And you watch your mouth, jackass."

She retorted angrily, picking up the records she dropped due to her bumping into the male.

The raven scoffed; "If you wanna be a smartass, you gotta be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass." He states, throwing a dagger of a glare at the woman.

(Y/N) dusted herself off, and with a shit-eating smirk the girl answered, "My point exactly."

An irk mark or two, maybe three appeared on his forehead, as he eyed (Y/N). "Next time, just apologize." His expression softened, as he turned around to leave.

"Who are you, anyway?" (Y/N) calmly asked, sure he may be a block-head, but he appeared to resemble her quite a bit. You could say his eyes gave it away; he was alone and distrusting, just like the girl who goes by the name '(Y/N)'

Placing his hands in his pockets, he rejoins "Genya, now get off my back." For some reason, the girl was a natural at deflecting his insults. Most people would storm off, but she stood her ground.

That's what amused him. Moreover, that's what kept him from hating the woman.

She looked through the files she was carrying, eyeing each document thoroughly. "Oh," She bluntly spoke.

"Genya Shinazugawa, age sixteen, you're quite up there in the military." She declared with an amused gaze on her face. 

Then she closed the documents, holding them to her chest. Genya whirled around to look her in the eye. 

"By the reports, you're quite the soldier. Captain at sixteen," She grinned broadly at the man, "But you've still got quite the way to go."

For some odd reason, it was very easy to talk to the man, even though they just had an argument - as complete strangers. They still hit it off very well, it was a natural-bond. One the girl wasn't against.

He tilted his head in a questioning manner, "And who are you?" he grumbled.

(Y/N) sighed, confirming that he's a total block-head. "Major General (Y/N), nice to meet you." She extended her hand, though most people never took it. They only saluted her and darted off - frightened of who knows what. Perhaps her?

He stared at her for a moment, before muttering to himself. Then, he surprisingly shook her hand.

The girl was stunned, to say the least, "Just because your rank is way higher than mine, Doesn't mean I'll respect you." Genya mumbled, loud enough for the woman to hear.

That settled it. He was like no other, he was extraordinary. Putting aside her past trauma of being too trusting; she felt a sensation she's never felt with her ex-abusive-lover.

"Well then, I don't really mind, jackass." She muttered the last part to herself.

He glared with a knowing look on his scarred face, "let us meet again, mutt." 

With that, the two individuals parted, yet something was telling them that they'd meet again. In a batter place, at a better time.

Though that'd have to wait, she's now very late for work.

»»-----  -----««